Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
Haven't toasted mine completely yet, but have about 3000 miles on them and the rear doesn't look like it will last much longer. If I had to guess I would imagine that I will get about another 1500 miles before it's done for good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1.6 mm of tread left in the middle of the rear at 4200 miles.
Obviously the front one looks better.
I'll just have to ride more on the edges for a while!

·
Registered
965 Posts
At least with the weight of the Scrambler the tires seem to last longer then most other bikes I've owned in the past. I would be more then happy to get 5 or 6K miles out of a set. Best tire life I've ever seen though is on a set of Marathons on a 2007 Kawasaki 900 Custom I owned.

Sold the bike to my neighbor with 12K miles on the bike after changing the tires earlier at about 9K and he currently has 23K miles on the bike and the tires are still serviceable.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
I would be more then happy to get 5 or 6K miles out of a set.
I don't think there s any way you would get this much life out of the stock tires - probably more like 4500 max.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've done nearly 3500 miles, and have 3mm tread in the centre (5mm outside). Squaring off nicely - I'm hoping to get at least 4000, need to slow down on straight runs and do more corners and roundabouts :rolleyes:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I would think that with the relatively low weight of the Scrambler they will be some fairly high mileage options out there, my understanding is that the stock tires are over all pretty soft compared to other multi compound choices out there.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Despite the fact that my picture a few posts above indeed shows I won't even be seeing 5k miles on the rear OEM Pirelli MT 60 RS tire, I will replace the rear with the same thing. When the front wears out, I'll do the same tire again. I won't be changing to something else. don't have a lot of interest in a high mileage touring tire. I'm happy with the grip both on road and the little off road I do.

But in addition to that, and as silly as it may seem, one of the first things that caught my eye the first time I saw the Scrambler were the tires. They looked the business and fit the bike. They put all sorts of ideas and dreams in my head about owning one. It was very much a part of the bike, and to me was a big part of it's go anywhere, do anything, but just have fun attitude.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I've done nearly 3500 miles, and have 3mm tread in the centre (5mm outside). Squaring off nicely - I'm hoping to get at least 4000, need to slow down on straight runs and do more corners and roundabouts :rolleyes:
Get yourself to Scotland. The scotch never square off their tyres ;)

·
Registered
365 Posts
4650 miles. New tire is on order. I will say, I have suffered no loss of traction. It still even performs well on dirt.

While I do seek out curvy roads for fun on the weekends, a lot of my riding is commuting. I love commuting on the Scrambler, even if it's all slab work. My commute is 70 miles round trip, which is 99% freeway with the only curves being on/off ramps. Hence the very worn down center section.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts