Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst cleaning my classic spotted this ,now I know it's not serious ,but has anyone else come across this ,shall get a new one ,

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Crazy, id definitely be heading to the dealer for a warranty claim.

Have the valves been serviced before or have you or someone else had the rocker cover off?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crazy, id definitely be heading to the dealer for a warranty claim.

Have the valves been serviced before or have you or someone else had the rocker cover off?
No never touched them unless they were checked at first service

·
Registered
290 Posts
whilst cleaning my classic spotted this ,now I know it's not serious ,but has anyone else come across this ,shall get a new one ,
Yes replace that damaged part.
Could it have been done by the low life that stole and damaged the rest of the bike as you previously posted?
I'd personally cut their f***ing hands off but I'm a bit olde school.
Best of luck getting it back on the road.

Geoff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes replace that damaged part.
Could it have been done by the low life that stole and damaged the rest of the bike as you previously posted?
I'd personally cut their f***ing hands off but I'm a bit olde school.
Best of luck getting it back on the road.

Geoff.
It could have but have no reason to think they would have even had Allen keys , broke the headlamp bracket of ,and just an odd ball thing to do

·
Registered
764 Posts
It's probably a poor casting that has cracked on assembly at the factory and for some reason has gone out un-noticed.
It won't leak because there is an o-ring that makes the seal but it doesn't look too good.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe I can spin it 180 ' no one will know ,Only joking I'm getting a new one , and I agree Derek I think it's a bad casting , I have a monster 900 my only other ever new bike of recent years ,it's a 99 model and the bottom yoke split on the left fork stanshion clamp about half way round , opened up like a 3 mm crack , Ducati replaced that back in 99 under warranty , scared as I had just ridden home 100 miles or more , it was a flawed casting also but they said it had been over tightened at the factory but never put it in writing, so you'll have to take my word on it , but I have pictures , didn't stop me buying another duke though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts