Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
2016 DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have a 2016 Ducati Scrambler Icon. Looking to buy wide front safety bars to help protect me in a slow speed slide,,,,Asked Lindby and others; told me aftermarket wide safety bars simply don't exist to fit my model. No, don't want or need engine guards, which r available all over the net,,,,,,,Yes, I wear 'joe rocket' m/c pants with CE armor. Going to add 'Klim tactical padded shorts' as a base layer. Distracted & reckless cage drivers, potholes, deer & wild turkeys,,,,,,,can't wear too much protection. Also wearing a 'Troy Lee Designs 7855 armored shirt' and a pair of 'Sedici Podio padded ankle boots'.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw this thread somewhere. Someone pointed out this: what if some wild crazy hedgehog gets into your armored pants? Safety bars are not going to help.....

91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I saw this thread somewhere. Someone pointed out this: what if some wild crazy hedgehog gets into your armored pants? Safety bars are not going to help.....
Wrong,,,,,,they do help,,,,,,,otherwise, WHY are they found on millions of mid to heavier wt m/c's in the world. Other wise Lindby and other aftermarket highway/safety front bar sellers would be out of business,,,,,,M/c riders use them cause they provide some protection in a tip over or slow speed slide,,,,,
I think the proper name for the described safety bar is called a “car”.

The following is the closest thing, made in the good old USA and fits all Ducati Scrambler models:
View attachment 47060
Wrong,,,,,,do u enjoy shaming people on this forum?,,,,,,, u have failed,,,,posting this 'training wheel' stupid photo makes -0- sense when m/c safety is the subject. It's a serious subject. Just ask the thousands of m/c riders who have been injured due to lack of at least having SOME protection. I can have my safety bars custom fabricated at my friend's machine shop.
There IS a block feature where I won't have to look at your foolish posts,,,,,,,

91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wrong,,,,as evidenced by the millions of m/c riders worldwide who both purchase them and find they provide some level of 'tip over'/ slow speed slide' protection for their legs. vs not having brody bars,,,,

·
Registered
29 Posts
What kind of helmet do you have? No bad feelings, we are all just having fun, right? No intent to shame you or anybody..

91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind of helmet do you have? No bad feelings, we are all just having fun, right? No intent to shame you or anybody..
I'm upgrading from a shoie 1/2 helmet to a rather expensive dot rated 3/4 open face 'old school' slim shell helmet w the ratchet chin strap closure and good chin strap padding. A full helmet would provide more protection but just for me I don't like the look or feel of one of those full helmets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts