Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and wondering if anyone can help me.

I'm the owner of a 2015 Full Throttle and just started customising it. I came across a customised Scrambler in front of the Rising Sun workshop in Newtown Sydney and loved the seat on this bike.

Does anyone know the brand & where I can purchase it?

Thanks
20190607_173444.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ducati USA sells a similar factory accessory "Classic" seat: SCRAMBLER, ACCESSORIES, Ducati Scrambler Classic Leather Seat One like that might be available through the Ducati-OZ.
If that isn't to your liking, in the US we call the stitching pattern "diamond pleated" , so searching for "Scrambler diamond pleated seat/saddle" might get you better results. Or find a local upholsterer to modify your original seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks JustPlainBill0 much appreciated. Looks like the Ducati USA seat only comes in Brown but i'll keep searching. Thank you.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Does anyone know the brand & where I can purchase it?
Go into Rising Sun and ask them. They quite possibly installed it on the bike. I sometimes wonder why people think they have to go online for answers to questions that are often staring them in the face,

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm not big on social commentary or criticism, but I do love Youtube: here
is a video (silent) showing the process for making a diamond pattern for a motorcycle seat. You might share it with a local upholstery shop if they aren't familiar with the technique. And this
video is for a UK shop that makes and sells retro seats with the diamond pattern.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Go into Rising Sun and ask them. They quite possibly installed it on the bike. I sometimes wonder why people think they have to go online for answers to questions that are often staring them in the face,
It's an odd place the Rising Sun - In a good way. It's a bar and ramen restaurant with a bike shop bolted to it (great ramen and the odd good hoppy beer on tap). It's just up the road from me so I've been a few times and it's hard to track down anyone working on the bikes. It's basically a space you can hire yourself to carry out work on your own bike with (I think) the helping gaze of a bike mechanic on hand to help you out if you get stuck - something like that anyway. So I can understand googling rather than asking around the place tbh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts