Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I read somewhere on this forum (or may have been the 'other') - but can't find the thread. Anyway it was about the side stand becoming loose. I had gone out today and done about 200 miles, and noticed that mine had become very loose, to the point I was worried it may drop off! I didn't have the tools on me to adjust it but it's now been done.

Might be worth you checking yours just in case - mine had the service marks on it so it should have been checked at my first service. Why it has become loose I don't know and will ask next time I'm at my dealers.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is it the two bolts that fasten the stand to the engine case that have come loose or is it the pivot point that has loosened up?

The pivot point often seems wobbly after some use and can't be tightened up but it still works OK. Worth letting dealer to look at it and get there opinion if it's within normal tolerances.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
The 2 bolts that attach the sidestand look identical, but are actually slightly different lengths. If they get swapped, the sidestand will loosen - on it's own - in short order.

Don't ask me how I know...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I found mine loose today. I tried to tighten the bolt however it got tight in the block and did not want to damage anything got within 5mm from the seat so it is still out s long way, so it is going to the dealer tomorrow. And to top it off the termi low mount has got a rattle so that can get looked at the sametime. Other than those 2 things love it...
uploadfromtaptalk1449042293761.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
I lost the screw completly, its an M10 so I just replaced it with one I had in my collection. Worth checking every now and again.

·
Registered
59 Posts
And I just found the footpeg loose . Same side as the stand. I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't changing out the footrests. Fark sake how many more loose bits. ..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts