Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a hard full throttle pull on the highway during a recent nice day my oil pressure light came on.

I immediately pulled over and shut the bike off. Shook and jiggled it, but upon restarts the light would not shut off as it normally did.

The oil cooler seemed a bit cool. I've found some threads that mention oil pump failures but no specifics.

2015 Scrambler Icon. Is this a known issue? What happened to my oil pressure? Sightglass shows there's fluid in it.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I know of at least one oil pump failure on a Scrambler.... (the guy that travelled around the world on a Sled).

You could at least check/replace the pressure sensor to rule that out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know of at least one oil pump failure on a Scrambler.... (the guy that travelled around the world on a Sled).

You could at least check/replace the pressure sensor to rule that out.
Yeah, checking the sensor is easy. I'm going to go down to the bike and do some actual troubleshooting. I was hoping I'd be able to ground the sensor or connect it up to voltage but I don't know the engine or electrics of these bikes.

Do you by any chance know the part number? 53940302A?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry, stupid question, but did you check your oil level ? :)

(Had an issue on a bike out of oil 2000km after service, apparently due to dealer negligence..)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anything I'd worry it was overfilled. In my experience the fluid should come up to half of the sightglass, or marks along the side. Is that the same for this bike?

I'd have to check again to be quite sure but it seemed when I checked it on the side of the road the entire glass was filled.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Anyway, if you see oil in the sightglass, it can never be so little to trigger the low pressure switch...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I could not get a clear answer from the Ducati techs, do you know where the switch is located and when exactly it is triggered?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Received the oil pressure sensor last week, was able to install it today.

I only ran the bike as long as I was comfortable with, a few seconds, for which the light did not go off.

I did turn the engine over while the sensor was out, and oil is flowing, but if the light is on it must not be building pressure.

I need to tone out the wire from sensor to ECU to ensure the connection is good, and from there get a reading from the sensor and compare to what it should be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts