Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I posted before, my pillion rider is used to having a backrest of some sort and the Scrambler's grab handles are totally useless. I saw this product and thought I'd give it a try.

The Scrambler is not our normal 2-up bike but it is nice to have the option available.

Well we gave it a try today and it was a success. She enjoyed her ride and it was comfortable and secure.

here's a link:

motorcycle passenger belt

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I've had one similar to that Ogre for the past ten years, just incase I had a nervous passenger, I did once and it's not been used since, ( It's Free to a good home if I can find it) ;)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had one similar to that Ogre for the past ten years, just incase I had a nervous passenger, I did once and it's not been used since, ( It's Free to a good home if I can find it) ;)
I wouldn't call her "nervous". It is uncomfortable to have to reach all the way around the rider vs. having arms in a relaxed position & having handles right there.

On our 1st 2-upper, I poked along, avoiding any abrubt acceleration or intense leaning.

On this 2nd test, I upped the thrill level to an enjoyable level and she had no complaints.

I know it seems "goofy" but it seems to work for us.

My only complaint is it is awkward to walk with it on, in riding position. When riding, it is not bothersome at all.

When I get off the bike, I just rotate the belt, so the handles are front/rear instead of left/right & problem is solved.

Of couse, it pops off just like an auto seat belt...but then I'd have to carry it (or stash it somewhere).

I'm sure I could just leave it sitting on the bike. Who would want to steal it?
:cheerful:

·
Registered
834 Posts
That advert nots very good. He is protected and her in a tee shirt. Hmm what good advertising or am I missing the point of her being safe on the back.
I like being hugged and my better half enjoys hugging. I guess in a situation a belt handles would be better. Not keen on hands in pockets though if you cant get them out.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That advert nots very good. He is protected and her in a tee shirt. Hmm what good advertising or am I missing the point of her being safe on the back.
I like being hugged and my better half enjoys hugging. I guess in a situation a belt handles would be better. Not keen on hands in pockets though if you cant get them out.
I agree, that advert pic is totally hokey!

Whatever crap she is wearing on her wrists, also confuses the issue. But If my pillion "hugs" me, all she gets to see is the back of my helmet.

With the handles, she can sit back a bit and enjoy the scenery. Wouldn't make much of an issue for a ride around the block but an hour or more in the saddle is another thing.

And I like her using the handles because I am free to ride it like I want to vs. babying it along.

·
Registered
Scrambler 1100
840 Posts
I agree, that advert pic is totally hokey!

Whatever crap she is wearing on her wrists, also confuses the issue. But If my pillion "hugs" me, all she gets to see is the back of my helmet.
these are a good thing to have . I fist bought them for taking a work colleague pillion on my Panigale 1199, now my grandson used them on Octavia perfecto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts