Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
desert dudes :) …just had to say, in my own experience as it were, 44 odd years on bikes, 21 machines over that period of time... dirt-bikes, nakeds, tourers, cruisers, sports - particular fondness for 'blades - had 3 of those, anyway... the last bike before my Sled was a bee-em - 1200 TE GS, lusted after one for ages… and true, mile-munching turned into an art-form, but… it took a mere 3 months to realise that all i really, really wanted was a simple ‘bike, something light, flickable, minimal electronics, cool - simple bodywork, and tough enough to handle some occasional dirt - a modern-day XT500 came to mind… and lo-and-behold i saw a ‘sled… i’ve already had more than a 1000+ miles of sheer delight & fun scratchin' around in rain and ‘shine on mountain tracks, fields, back lanes, sweeping A and B roads and motorway for the last 2 weeks than i have on any of my bikes for the last 40 years... i love it, deeply :) …lookin’ forward to reading your sled stories :) rich.

·
Registered
14 Posts
desert dudes :) …just had to say, in my own experience as it were, 44 odd years on bikes, 21 machines over that period of time... dirt-bikes, nakeds, tourers, cruisers, sports - particular fondness for 'blades - had 3 of those, anyway... the last bike before my Sled was a bee-em - 1200 TE GS, lusted after one for ages… and true, mile-munching turned into an art-form, but… it took a mere 3 months to realise that all i really, really wanted was a simple ‘bike, something light, flickable, minimal electronics, cool - simple bodywork, and tough enough to handle some occasional dirt - a modern-day XT500 came to mind… and lo-and-behold i saw a ‘sled… i’ve already had more than a 1000+ miles of sheer delight & fun scratchin' around in rain and ‘shine on mountain tracks, fields, back lanes, sweeping A and B roads and motorway for the last 2 weeks than i have on any of my bikes for the last 40 years... i love it, deeply :) …lookin’ forward to reading your sled stories :) rich.
I can sign nearly exactly the same nearly word by word... In my case 31 years riding bikes... 37 bikes until today.
Currently I have other 3 bikes in my garage one GSAW 1200 and 2 trail bikes from the golden age (80´s) of the trail bikes (Yamaha XT600z 3AJ Tenere and Suzuki DR Big 800 SR42b)...

I love all of them... but I dont no why all my riding time is for the Desert Sled...

This bike beats my expectations...

She is basic, nice, cool, extremely rideable and much more capable that you can think the first time that you see her.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can sign nearly exactly the same nearly word by word... In my case 31 years riding bikes... 37 bikes until today.
Currently I have other 3 bikes in my garage one GSAW 1200 and 2 trail bikes from the gold era (80´s) of trail bikes (Yamaha XT600z 3AJ Tenere and Suzuki DR Big 800 SR42b)...

I love all of them... but I dont no why all my riding time is for the Desert Sled...

This bike beats my expectations...

She is basic, nice, cool, extremely rideable and much more capable that you can think the first time that you see her.

so it's not just me then :) ...some lovely shots of your 'sled Don. i could go on and on about the utter joys of 'sled ownership, yet probably best not ;) but almost needless to say, in amongst work duties today, i still managed to find the time to rack up another 70 odd miles of various roads, tracks and even crossed a small river! ...it's such brilliant fun to ride it leaves me a bit breathless just thinking about it, thank you Ducati, you've made an old man very, very happy :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts