Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now used two tanks of fuel. Just wondered who has travelled the most miles with the low fuel warning light glowing.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I've done 30 + with the fuel light on and had a litre left when I fuelled up. and no I wasn't driving like a granny! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't like to push it. I'm averaging 48 mpg, and the manual states there is 1.05 gallons of reserve fuel when the light comes on, so I'd imagine I could push it past 40 if I wanted to end up stranded, but I don't think I've gone past about 25.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I'm also one of those paranoid people that fills up as soon as the light comes on. I noticed that when it did I had .9 gallons left which I thought was allot considering. I currently have the trip meter set on since the last refill so I am going to be curious how many miles go by before the light hits on.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I will not worry until about 30 miles after the warning light.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I made a point of checking the trip meter today and the light came on at 110 miles but there was a significant amount of fuel left in the tank pretty much on with the reserve amount stated earlier, so no need to worry unless you're 45 miles plus from a refill when it goes on.

·
Registered
114 Posts
More than one quarter of the total capacity as reserve seems like overkill. Do other bikes have that much reserve?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've done over 30 regularly as I have just done a 2500mile trip in Spain and it kept the number of refill stops down
Have faith - the bike will do 45-55mpg and there is virtually a gallon left when the light comes on
I

·
Registered
26 Posts
Update - just had it run out at 40 - light came on at 125 and spluttered to a slow death at 165 - took 3gallon (Uk) exactly to refuel so 55mpg - pleased with that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts