Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just bought an Icon and love it!! looking to customize it slightly!!!

Have you guys found any low profile turn signals for the front and back that i could snag??

I want to add those as well as bar end mirrors ASAP

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used these $20 ones from cycle gear. It's their house brand...I think called speedmetal. Smallest they make. Still haven't come up with a good solution for the front...yet.
1436626665521-2005577403.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the same as Rulle above here, they're very bright LEDs. I also considered Rizoma Zeros LEDs because they're so visible from all sides, but I thought round was better for the Scrambler.
ScramblerSigs3.JPG
ScramblerSigs2.JPG

·
Registered
817 Posts
View attachment 2078

I like these ones, have them both front and rear. They are from a store here in sweden but you can get them online from wrenchmonkees.com
Those wrenchmokees indicators look great! Did you need a blanking plate or anything to cover up the standard mounting hole?
I was almost set on buying some that wrap around my forks but those little ones look fantastic and are very reasonably priced!

p.s. Just realised you have a Scrambler and an MX5? Perfect combo :D

·
Registered
817 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thank you :)
I am making more. I thought, there would be other like me, who hate the stock long stalks and huge lamps of the OEM turn signals ;)
Bottom part is exactly like the OEM, so there should not be any issue with fitment. (6mm thread and 8mm short tube with cables)

Fenders are made by a friend who has a well equipped garage and does custom builds. (mostly Harleys tho) Luckily, he had tool for the front fender and only had to make mounting brackets. But the widest he had for the rear was 2" too narrow, so he actualy made rear fender and the flyscreen on the bench (several hours playing with hammer, he said). Mounting brackets on the front shield are from Dart flyscreen I had from last year.

Rizoma makes fenders like that but I paid him for all his work + some minor mechanical changes, while he was at it: 220€ and that is exactly the cost of ONE fender from Rizoma..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Looks great!
Are you making more of these?

Also, did you trim a classic rear fender, or it is something completely different?
yeah MartinSK can you add more pictures of the rear please?

I added the fender eliminator in my bike and now I see I get a lot of dirt in my back.... when riding that was expected but it was too much I think

·
Registered
208 Posts
Fenders are made by a friend who has a well equipped garage and does custom builds. (mostly Harleys tho) Luckily, he had tool for the front fender and only had to make mounting brackets. But the widest he had for the rear was 2" too narrow, so he actualy made rear fender and the flyscreen on the bench (several hours playing with hammer, he said). Mounting brackets on the front shield are from Dart flyscreen I had from last year.

Rizoma makes fenders like that but I paid him for all his work + some minor mechanical changes, while he was at it: 220€ and that is exactly the cost of ONE fender from Rizoma..
I too would like to see more pictures of the fenders. Better yet, the entire bike :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here are some pictures from when I was deciding what length (in the end, I went for the shortest one)
It does spray on my back, just like the oem icon fender did, but I do not like the look of rounded (long)
fender too much.
And few more pics of the parts and bike profile.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts