Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if they make side bag racks for the 1100. I have looked around but can’t find any and I am thinking of buying one but would like to add at least one bag for waterproofs and gloves etc.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I currently own a 800 Scrambler wich will be traded in next week for the 1100 Icon model in black.
I already have the SW Motech Legend series bags, wich I like very much, so I ordered the SLC mounts that fit the 1100.
It's not the best looking option next to the high level exhausts but as I already have the bags I decided to stick with them.
I will post an update when they are fitted.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Today I picked up the SW Motech mounting brackets for my bike. Tomorrow I will make the last ride on my 800 and pick up my new 1100 :thumbsup:.
Also recieved some frame plugs that I think match well with the details on the engine. Can't wait till tomorrow.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Fitted on bracket today. Pretty easy just cover the fender and exhaust with some cloth so you won't scratch it.
It's slightly wider then the bars with the bag mounted and total width will be around 38 inches(handlebars are 33 1/2 inch). This is about as wide as the handlebars.
The bracket doesn't look too terrible when it's mounted but with the bags it looks a bit weird. Well as long as it works I guess.
Also nice to know that the Abba stand still fits although a little more fiddly with the wider footpegs.
Also cleaned up the exhaust pipes a bit. They have a bit of a satin or blasted finish to them so they won't go all shiney with just some polish a scotchbrite. If you smoothen the surface more they will get that mirror polish but for now they are fine.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Ventura rack arrived today, and I thought id share a few pics of the install. Enjoy

Here is the small bag

Here is the medium bag

Current:‘16 Scrambler Icon, ‘18 1100 Sport
Sold: ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7
Did you have to remove the exhaust cans to mount the bracket?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Did you have to remove the exhaust cans to mount the bracket?
The instructions tell you to remove the cans, and you might be able to avoid it if you have small hands. Personally I did take them off and put them back on one side at a time, and it was really quick and easy.

Sold: ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
868 Posts
My Ventura rack arrived today, and I thought id share a few pics of the install. Enjoy

Here is the small bag

Here is the medium bag

Nice looking rack and bag. If I didn't have the SW Motech bags before I probably also would have gone with a rear rack.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've mounted both racks last week and took some pictures with both bags on. It is pretty wide but today I had no problems lane splitting with one bag. In the pictures it looks insanely wide but it's less wide then the handlebars ofcthe BMW 1200 GS.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
View attachment 36469

·
Registered
868 Posts
Now with the bags fully loaded and some measurements. Had no problems lane spliting in Belgium friday but I do have to get used to the width. While riding the bags feel great at any speed (didn't go over 150 km/h though) and they are a joy to use.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Scooter Car Automotive tire
View attachment 36611
To be clear 92cm(you will figure it out in inches) at the edge from the left to the right bag.
Baseball cap Cap

·
Registered
63 Posts

Here is the small bag

Here is the medium bag

Nice looking bag.
Recently i start a new topic without searching for an existing one.

I was wondering if the pack is evo40?
Do you have any ideea if this can play also as a backrest for wifey?
Is it too soft to allow her to lean on it, not like on the sofa ofc.
Also, the frame looks very weak.

Regards,
Dragos.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice looking bag.
Recently i start a new topic without searching for an existing one.

I was wondering if the pack is evo40?
Do you have any ideea if this can play also as a backrest for wifey?
Is it too soft to allow her to lean on it, not like on the sofa ofc.
Also, the frame looks very weak.

Regards,
Dragos.
I have all three, the 10 liter, 22 liter, and 40 now. The pics I posted are the 10 and 22. They are soft bags, so I wouldn’t use them as a back rest. The rack is rated for 20 lbs (including the weight of the bag).

I just got the 40 this week. At first I didn’t think it was much bigger than the 22, until I realized there’s a zipper at the top to expand it vertically. It’s really good size.

For everyday riding, I have the 10 on my Scrambler and 22 on the xDiavel. I’m about to head out for a two week trip, and got concerned the 22 wasn’t large enough. I’m still on the fence, will see this weekend when I’m packing. I’ll try and take pics of all three too :)

Current:’18 xDiavel S, ‘18 1100 Sport
Sold: 16 Scrambler Icon, ‘15 Monster 1200, ‘14 Diavel Strada, ‘12 Monster 1100evo, ‘09 Monster 1100, ‘08 NM Hypermotard #7

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice day today, went for a ride, took some pics ;-)

Small (10 liter)

Medium (22 liter)

Large (40 liter)

Large expanded (40 liter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts