Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, I just installed the Unit Garage luggage to my scrambler. My initial thoughts are it’s certainly a quality (should be as its v expensive) product. The frame
is well made and fits okay but is quite fiddly to fit. The bag itself is a work of art! However it’s a little smaller than I anticipated and not that practical. It has a locking mechanism to fit bag to frame which is also excellent. Overall if I bought it for aesthetics only then I would be very happy (which I mainly did), but you wouldn’t be going touring with just this bag!
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Motorcycle

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just bought a Givi Seat Lock (ST430). Straps over the pillion seat and allows any Tanklock bag to snap on and off easily. My 15l tank bag is perfect for day trip bits, but they make bags up to 36l if you wanted more capacity.

Attachments

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just bought a Givi Seat Lock (ST430). Straps over the pillion seat and allows any Tanklock bag to snap on and off easily. My 15l tank bag is perfect for day trip bits, but they make bags up to 36l if you wanted more capacity.
That's pretty nifty. Very handy for day trips or daily use for work etc. Also pretty handy to store a big ass chain lock wich is probably a must have in the U.K.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I purchased the H&B luggage rack and mounted it - looks as terrible as the one above. I removed it one hour later again.

This completely spoils the bike. I have the Legend gear LC2 saddle bags mounted and you can easily put a Ortlieb Rack Pack over the Sozia seat & the saddle bags and fix it at the saddle bag holders. Looks cool & you can manage 70l of "water tight" packed luggage easily.

Best Regards

Kurt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi "Strube",

the bags are the "Legend Gear LC2" bags of SW Motech and teh carrier left / right is the SW Motech "SLC" type for the Ducati Scrambler 1100. You will find those on sw-motech.com

The tank bag is the original "Ducati Scrambler" bag (item No 96781261A 15 / 21 liter) - you can get this at your Ducati dealer. Is around 200 EUR but the quality is worth every Cent. The bag is magnetic and can be expanded in the height if you need to.

Best Regards

Kurt

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi "Strube",

the bags are the "Legend Gear LC2" bags of SW Motech and teh carrier left / right is the SW Motech "SLC" type for the Ducati Scrambler 1100. You will find those on sw-motech.com

The tank bag is the original "Ducati Scrambler" bag (item No 96781261A 15 / 21 liter) - you can get this at your Ducati dealer. Is around 200 EUR but the quality is worth every Cent. The bag is magnetic and can be expanded in the height if you need to.

Best Regards

Kurt
Thanks! I need that tank bag for sure!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I purchased the H&B luggage rack and mounted it - looks as terrible as the one above. I removed it one hour later again.

This completely spoils the bike. I have the Legend gear LC2 saddle bags mounted and you can easily put a Ortlieb Rack Pack over the Sozia seat & the saddle bags and fix it at the saddle bag holders. Looks cool & you can manage 70l of "water tight" packed luggage easily.

Best Regards

Kurt

View attachment 45593
I had bags like that on my bicycle when I was a child delivering newspapers. I guess if it works, why change?

·
Registered
20 Posts
For those of you with rear racks.... would you still be able to mount it if the bike had a fender eliminator? My 1100 sport came with one and I love the look. I want to find a rear rack that is as discrete as possible so I can make a little bum stop for my wife when I don't have a bag strapped to it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
For those of you with rear racks.... would you still be able to mount it if the bike had a fender eliminator? My 1100 sport came with one and I love the look. I want to find a rear rack that is as discrete as possible so I can make a little bum stop for my wife when I don't have a bag strapped to it.
Only for clarification SVSteve: what "one" part did your 1100 Sport "come with" - a rear rack or a fender eliminator?

The generic aftermarket rear rack I used would not work without the (tubing) "brace" used to hold the tail light and license plate, so unless you only eliminate those parts and save the fender and most of the brace under it, it would not work.
Rear racks (I've seen) made for 1100 Scramblers use the existing threaded holes in the rear sub-frame as mounting points and do not depend on the fender brace to support any weight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey thanks for the response. It came with a fender eliminator and I like how it looks so hoping to mount a rear rack. Basically looking for the smallest possible rack so as not to affect the bikes lines too much. No intension of buying a top box. Just to be able to tie stuff down and or make a bum stop for my wife.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey thanks for the response. It came with a fender eliminator and I like how it looks so hoping to mount a rear rack. Basically looking for the smallest possible rack so as not to affect the bikes lines too much. No intension of buying a top box. Just to be able to tie stuff down and or make a bum stop for my wife.
Have a look at Hepco & Becker Luggage Rack Carrier 6547566 01 01 Ducati SCRAMBLER1100 18-20 (I found on US eBay). Compared to racks for most bikes, it's small, tasteful and 240 USD. Whether or not you like the H&B unit, you will definitely have to use a rack made for an 1100 (only) Scrambler since the entire fender support structure has been removed from your bike. Alternatively, something you fabricate for the purpose.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nah, that wouldn't work at all. It's connected to the rear of the footrest bracket with two bolts. The whole thing is fitted with 4 bolts where 3 are easy and one is a bit harder to get to.
How did you manage to get that bolt under the seat in the back off? I’ve stripped mine and will likely need a bolt extractor and heat…

·
Registered
868 Posts
How did you manage to get that bolt under the seat in the back off? I’ve stripped mine and will likely need a bolt extractor and heat…
That sucks! I used a socket wrench and a correct fitting inbus/hex socket. It was in there pretty tight and luckely I got it out without stripping the head. There's probably some loctite on there. I always clean the hex head before I put in the hex key and always give it a tap with a hammer so it's seated correctly. I also always apply pressure to the top of the socket wrench to prevent it from slipping out. I hate these type of bolts as they are easely damaged. Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey thanks for the response. It came with a fender eliminator and I like how it looks so hoping to mount a rear rack. Basically looking for the smallest possible rack so as not to affect the bikes lines too much. No intension of buying a top box. Just to be able to tie stuff down and or make a bum stop for my wife. View attachment 47574
Hey Steve!
What option did you end up going for your bike? I have the exact same bike with the short tidy and lights as yours. But you have single-sided exhaust which I have the older both side exhaust. I am not entirely convinced by the Hepco & Becker and they are out of stock.

I am thinking to fabricate something which is based on this model. Curves an inch and half of the edge of the seat and an inch and half higher from the seat. Like the retro bikes. If anybody has this model, can you give some dimensions, and if not installed yet pictures on a table would be awesome!

·
Registered
21 Posts

Best Regards

Kurt

View attachment 45593
Hey! Just curious went you Installed the rear rack did you take off or leave on the silver round pieces?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts