Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

81 - 100 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am fairly new to the forum, and am trying to find out what's a good luggage setup.
I don't have a DS though, I have a Scrambler Icon. Would the same luggage options work? (I understand that the clearances are different)
Also, is there a vast difference in build quality of let's say a Giant Loop bag vs Kriega. I am fairly inexperienced in buying international luggage brands, and hence the question.

I do understand that this might not be the thread to ask this question, and if it is not, please redirect me to the proper forum.

- Mahesh

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you order it from SW Motech directly ? I am in the states and looking for some feedback on shipping if possible !

Thanks

Just received and installed the SW Motech SysBags, very good quality and easy to mount.
(If you want to have a passager you should take both 10)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Did you order it from SW Motech directly ? I am in the states and looking for some feedback on shipping if possible !

Thanks
I see you have a 10 on the exhaust side but what size is it on the other? Also which set of supports did you fit? Thanks for the advice, Mark

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi,
I am fairly new to the forum, and am trying to find out what's a good luggage setup.
I don't have a DS though, I have a Scrambler Icon. Would the same luggage options work? (I understand that the clearances are different)
Also, is there a vast difference in build quality of let's say a Giant Loop bag vs Kriega. I am fairly inexperienced in buying international luggage brands, and hence the question.

I do understand that this might not be the thread to ask this question, and if it is not, please redirect me to the proper forum.

- Mahesh
Some details on kriega bag options:
https://www.scramblerforum.com/thre...-saddlebag-mounts-yet.6105/page-3#post-237869

Kriega stuff is pretty invincible. Why it’s loved but plenty of other brands make very well made bags, just that Kriega are Moto specific, so very versatile for mounting.

I’m increasingly of the opinion that a durable 50L duffle dry bag, fastened to the back with a bungee net is simplest option for luggage going on and off the bike each day. I can get a weeks worth of camping gear inside one and the convenience of just one bag at the end of the day is very nice.
Travelling light is an art form. Very liberating.
I’m going off carrying stuff I need in saddle bags, so much faff.

For the desert sled, surely the ultimate luggage trial was Henry Crew’s sled?
Just the factory Ducati racks...
Made it around the world.

35,000 miles

·
Registered
112 Posts
I love this, and you've helped me make the decision to get the SysBag15 for my left side. Did you use a sharpie or something to black out all the red thread and logo? The red would have gone well with your bike, but I like the all blacked-out look better.

SW Motech SLC carriers with SysBag 10L & 15L. Works great for my needs and it makes a great surface across the back for adding a duffel. Bags are definitely waterproof and durable so far, they have cushioned a couple of tip overs already...

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is my new luggage setup, that was proved by north and offroad. It is 77 liter in luggage bags and 2 gallons of gasoline. I fit to original crash bars splitted in half Kriega's plate and use left for can and right for 10l drybag.
fullsizeoutput_a4.jpeg

gnLjkPrlTW6hB2TK5arnlQ.jpg 6vXeIuU0T6OocGEzwbhLaw.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love this, and you've helped me make the decision to get the SysBag15 for my left side. Did you use a sharpie or something to black out all the red thread and logo? The red would have gone well with your bike, but I like the all blacked-out look better.
Yep, I sharpie'd all that red! They are great bags & a solid, easy to use mounting system. You'll love it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This is my new luggage setup, that was proved by north and offroad. It is 77 liter in luggage bags and 2 gallons of gasoline. I fit to original crash bars splitted in half Kriega's plate and use left for can and right for 10l drybag.
View attachment 40601
View attachment 40605 View attachment 40607
this is awesome, can you send pictures of how you attached it to the frame please. it's the best setup I've seen so far

Enviado desde mi PAR-LX9 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
this is awesome, can you send pictures of how you attached it to the frame please. it's the best setup I've seen so far

Enviado desde mi PAR-LX9 mediante Tapatalk
I use original Ducati/Touratech engine guards (see DS: What fits and what dosen't. Post your farkles) as pannier frames and fit half of Kriega's plate (see attached pic) using its original fittings.
There are also original Ducati luggage rack, Touratech roll bag, and Kriega OS-18 side bags.
image.jpg fullsizeoutput_b2.jpeg

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like your style! I did the budget version! Removed carbon canister, cut a piece of hdpe and bolted where the factory cover went. Strapped a cheapo Amazon molle pouch to keep the 2 way radio and a few other bits handy.

I might have to break down and buy / modify the ducati guards to fit with my hepco and becker lower guards and follow suit.

I use original Ducati/Touratech engine guards (see DS: What fits and what dosen't. Post your farkles) as pannier frames and fit half of Kriega's plate (see attached pic) using its original fittings.
There are also original Ducati luggage rack, Touratech roll bag, and Kriega OS-18 side bags.
View attachment 40873 View attachment 40875

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just wanted to share, for any of you folks maybe looking to do the SW-Motech SysBags or any of the other bags that use the SLC mount system - The mounting components have been on back-order through several companies for awhile now, and I finally snatched up my SysBag 15 earlier this month when TwistedThrottle happened to have them in stock. However the adapter plate and SLC Carrier mount were still out of stock and I figured I'd just pick them up when they became available again. Well I just came across this on their website, which appears to be the original version of the SLC carrier? I googled the part # (HTA.22.577.10002) and it came back with SW-Motech's brochure on the LC1/LC2 bags for the scrambler when they originally came out. So I'm thinking this is just the first version, as the part # is only 1 digit off of the 'new' part # (HTA.22.577.10003). Anyway, it was on sale for $12 USD and I had like $7 in Twisted point, so I snatched it up for about $6, versus the new version which costs about $112 USD. We'll see what it's all about or if they even end up being able to ship me anything. It says they had 7 in stock. . . .

SW-MOTECH Legend Gear Side Carrier SLC left, Ducati Scrambler (15-). For LC1/LC2. | TwistedThrottle.com

·
Registered
52 Posts
totally agree! and you get more space as well - double bonus :) Just wondering if the original rack from Ducati is good to support the side bags
it’s incredibly stout, I just trail dropped ok the exhaust side and the bag and the bars took zero damage or bending. great stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
How heavy is that rack? I'm looking for some lightweight option as I'm not planning to put on it more then my lunch bag.
I agree, there should be two versions of this thread, day trips, and overnight trip set ups.

for whatever it’s worth, i’m running the roll top dry bags from ducati. for day use I only used the smaller right side bag. it’s perfect for about everything around town, (also has shape & form to not blow in the wind when empty)

for day rides and fire road runs I can get, spare fuel (2L), extra water (40oz thermal bottle) electric air pump, 60psi tire gauge, tire repair kit, extra gloves, snacks/lunch and other smalls in the smaller waterproof roll top. It’s perfect for me. here’s some photos, you can see how slim line it is, and I never kick it swinging the leg. also holds up to trail drops and hops well.

CEE80A05-0983-40FE-A004-BA6DAE3E08C5.jpeg
A10927EB-4045-4B94-9D2C-0E1247030EF0.jpeg
D3A66792-88A5-40AD-91E0-5C4A5C1C3EF1.jpeg
6EFF8A17-79D9-4383-AD19-E167007BF54E.jpeg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just to confirm, the SW-Motech SLC side carrier part # HTA.22.577.10002 is identical to HTA.22.577.10003. If you're looking for the left side SLC carrier which everyone is out of stock of right now, Twisted Throttle has a few of this identical part # in stock for $12.99 :) I'm pretty pumped it worked out for me considering I didn't have to wait for the new part # to be in stock, and also didn't have to pay over $100 for it either!

IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to confirm, the SW-Motech SLC side carrier part # HTA.22.577.10002 is identical to HTA.22.577.10003. If you're looking for the left side SLC carrier which everyone is out of stock of right now, Twisted Throttle has a few of this identical part # in stock for $12.99 :) I'm pretty pumped it worked out for me considering I didn't have to wait for the new part # to be in stock, and also didn't have to pay over $100 for it either!

View attachment 40931 View attachment 40933
Mine just arrived, though I don’t think the supplied bolts are the correct size for mounting. On a quick test fit the bolts don’t thread into the holes on the sub frame. Anyone know what size I need for my 2019 DS.

81 - 100 of 127 Posts