Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Unfortunately those carriers are not going to work for your bike, they changed the luggage bosses on the '19s. I have a 2019 as well and the holes are M10 x 1.5 instead of M8 and the angles on the mount are different. SW Motech makes an updated mount for the '19 DS but no US distributor stocks it yet. Twisted Throttle can order it though - around an 8 week processing time per TT. More Info below:

Left Carrier - HTA.22.916.10000

Right Carrier - HTA.22.916.11000

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lol this your first Ducati? j/k They never need a reason to change something minor :D

Yeah, that was me on the FB group. I drilled out the holes for M10 but the Motech racks are so sturdy they don't flex like some of the rear racks do to mate up with the revised angle. I placed the special order through Twisted Throttle, I don't have any big trips this year due to injury on the track (see profile picture lol) so it's not really a rush.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Unfortunately those carriers are not going to work for your bike, they changed the luggage bosses on the '19s. I have a 2019 as well and the holes are M10 x 1.5 instead of M8 and the angles on the mount are different. SW Motech makes an updated mount for the '19 DS but no US distributor stocks it yet. Twisted Throttle can order it though - around an 8 week processing time per TT. More Info below:

Ahh ok. Thanks very much for that info. It was worth the try at $12 + shipping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just to confirm, the SW-Motech SLC side carrier part # HTA.22.577.10002 is identical to HTA.22.577.10003. If you're looking for the left side SLC carrier which everyone is out of stock of right now, Twisted Throttle has a few of this identical part # in stock for $12.99 :) I'm pretty pumped it worked out for me considering I didn't have to wait for the new part # to be in stock, and also didn't have to pay over $100 for it either!

View attachment 40931 View attachment 40933
Do you know if this setup will work with a 2016 Scrambler ICON?
Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts

I order the rack and the bolts also does not fit on my 2016 Scrambler Icon. They are too big.

·
Registered
30 Posts

Does this apply to the 2019 icon as well, or DS only?

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another option:

1. OEM rear rack
2. Givi side racks
3. Two small adapter plates (identical)

everything fits almost like a charm. One benefit is the side brackets are not connected, so one can easily be removed and the other one stays as support for some small bag.

There is a small issue with turn signals - the occupy the same space as side racks. There are 3 solutions:
1. Relocate them to plate holder (mounting comes with givi racks - seen in picture with hard panniers).
2. Smaller LED turn signals
3. Shorten the turn signals (Ducati Scrambler - short turn signal bracket by Granat - seen in pictures with soft bag)

I can share the CAD for the adapter (in picture as a 3d print).

Panniers in pictures are temporary.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another option:

1. OEM rear rack
2. Givi side racks
3. Two small adapter plates (identical)

everything fits almost like a charm. One benefit is the side brackets are not connected, so one can easily be removed and the other one stays as support for some small bag.

There is a small issue with turn signals - the occupy the same space as side racks. There are 3 solutions:
1. Relocate them to plate holder (mounting comes with givi racks - seen in picture with hard panniers).
2. Smaller LED turn signals
3. Shorten the turn signals (Ducati Scrambler - short turn signal bracket by Granat - seen in pictures with soft bag)

I can share the CAD for the adapter (in picture as a 3d print).

Panniers in pictures are temporary.
Curious, did you have to use extra brackets to get your Termi exhaust to fit? I see Ducati now technically sells a kit that bolts this to the back of the rear brake cylinder mount. Wondering if you had to use this or ran into any fitment issues?

Your bike setup though is right on the money!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Curious, did you have to use extra brackets to get your Termi exhaust to fit? I see Ducati now technically sells a kit that bolts this to the back of the rear brake cylinder mount. Wondering if you had to use this or ran into any fitment issues?

Your bike setup though is right on the money!
You do not have to use it, but it does save you a lot of hassle. Besides the obvious brake bracket replacement you also get spacer for left side mount (about 1cm thick) and a smaller heat shield to clear brake pedal. Imho - worth the money. If you have time and like to manufacture some parts it is not that hard to fit without this set.

And thank you :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it or not, but I believe the Kriega platforms for the Duo bags have been discontinued. I bought some secondhand Duo 36 bags last autumn and have not been able to get my hands on the platforms anywhere. Had an order with J&P that sat unfulfilled for 3 months until it was eventually cancelled.

Anyone know where I could get those platforms??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes! Thanks for sharing your setup. I'm particularly interested in the rack(s) and especially the Rotopax side and which Rotopax jug that is. I have 2 of the 1 gal jugs already.

I also use a Givi hard Top Box for my commuting duties, plus it makes a nice back rest for Wifey when she rides with me. I swap this Top Box around between bikes like some of my other luggage so I'm trying to make my setup(s) as flexible as possible. I would use soft luggage for off-road type trips but hard luggage is kinda nice for road trips.

I REALLY wish SW-Motech would offer their standard quick disconnect racks like I have on a couple other bikes, those rock and I've got stuff already setup for them.

Here's my setup for commuting.
I quite like that top box - mind sharing the exact spec for the rack and box?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I quite like that top box - mind sharing the exact spec for the rack and box?
The rack is the Hepco & Becker Mini Rack

The top box is a now obsolete Givi box (E45NJ) which really bums me as I like this box much better than the one I have now from Givi (E460N) to replace it. I still have it but the slots where it engages with the mounting plate have become worn to the point I don't trust it anymore.

I think there is a close copy of the E45NJ I found but I forget who made it, maybe Kappa, Shad, or ??? but I didn't pursue it because I need the case to be compatible with the Givi E-250 mounting plate as I have several of them on different bikes. I've found a few used ones on eBay but I'd really like to buy another new one as I love that box, it's the perfect shape and size and doesn't look like an egg. I'm still considering machining new inserts to fix the sloppy mounting slots, but it's a bit of a project even with all the stuff I have to work with. I mocked this setup to see if I could fixture it suitably to CNC machine out the what I needed to fit new inserts.

20180928_154558-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
On my last weekend trip I used Kriega US-10 as a tank bag and a US-20 at the bag. 30L was enough for 2 night camping but I was annoyed by the bag in the back. It sits in the way and when riding standing it smashes sometimes into you :)

I will look for side bags for my next trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very old post but if anyone else reads this - I have the same Kreiga 30L and find if I mount it crossways it works very well and doesn't poke you in the back:

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I got a touratech frame from a Yamaha and got it cut and fitted to the DS'17. I had to shift the turn signals back a bit so they could be seen from an angle, but I am fairly happy with the result.
My biggest issue now is the exhaust hits directly the bottom corner of the right case, and it started causing some heat damage during a long summer trip.
Has anybody had that issue? how did they resolve it?

Here are a couple of pics.

Thanks,
2w2w

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looks good but......the heat damage will continue until a deflector or heat shield is made.
I'd go with a modification to the bag, not easy or cheap, or a heat shield.
I'm glad you were able to benefit from this set up on your trip because I know how good it is to have deep boxes and space on on a long tour.
If you used a high pipe exhaust and a BMW type modified bag it could cure the situation however you'd lose capacity as you know.

I would make an aluminum shield and mount it with a gap in the box.
This should protect and deflect the heat while affording you an air gap for heat dissipation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks good but......the heat damage will continue until a deflector or heat shield is made.
I'd go with a modification to the bag, not easy or cheap, or a heat shield.
I'm glad you were able to benefit from this set up on your trip because I know how good it is to have deep boxes and space on on a long tour.
If you used a high pipe exhaust and a BMW type modified bag it could cure the situation however you'd lose capacity as you know.

I would make an aluminum shield and mount it with a gap in the box.
This should protect and deflect the heat while affording you an air gap for heat dissipation.
Thanks for your suggestion Ken, I could probably come up with some sort of deflector on the case. I was also thinking along the lines of diverting the exhaust downwards. I saw some scramblers with GIVI bags with a diverting insert at the end of the muffler. Those Scramblers had different exhaust, so might not fit mine, but maybe I can make a custom one too..

101 - 120 of 127 Posts