Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Forgive my ignorance but how do the panniers mount to the frame?

is it not possible to just move them up higher?
If that isn’t possible, have whoever cut and modified the frame change it again, to make the frame sit higher?

This is assuming you’re not travelling with a passenger, but seems a better option than fitting weird devices to the exhaust.

Many aftermarket exhausts also aren’t as upswept as your standard exhaust. So wouldn’t direct gasses straight at the box... upside, you could get a decat exhaust and ditch a few kg, making up for some of the added luggage weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Reckless 80 and although I haven't taken it on a trip yet I did put it on to see how it would fit. I currently don't have side or tail racks and I think it fit ok and seems doable; attached the legs to the passenger pegs. Although it did take up a little more of the seat than I would like. I will most likely add a tail rack so I can scoot it back further. I have the high Termignoni exhaust so just need to figure out which rack will work with that since it takes up one of the mounting points.

<edit>
Did a day dual sport ride with the Mosko Reckless 80 bag on the back. Bags stayed put through pretty aggressive riding but the problem was I had put on the Evotech Tail Tidy which really removed any type of anchor points on the back. So I just put the back straps under the fender. Mistake, notice the fender was cracked once I got home and it had to be from the bag strap. :- ( Thinking I will need to add a tail rack to really secure this bag to the bike.
Hello riders,
Do you have any update about the Mosko Reckless 80L on the Scrambler Desert Sled? Id like to buy them. I think they need a tail rack to mount well. Please let me know! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello riders,
Do you have any update about the Mosko Reckless 80L on the Scrambler Desert Sled? Id like to buy them. I think they need a tail rack to mount well. Please let me know! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, For a 2017 Desert Sled, I used Givi Racks and aluminum cans. Worked well enough for about 18,000 km of mostly highway, with about 1000 of rough gravel road.
It is April 2021, and I actually have the racks for sale. Email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the Ducati side racks for my sled and adapted them to work with my gear,

Full photos here

The materials used are just for a proof of concept, hoping to create a metal version in the near future. I have a custom made saddle bag and tank bag by Wheelborne, two dry bags from DrySpec, and a spare tank by Rotopax. The DrySpec low bag has an internal plastic shell to keep the shape of the bag and give it support when tying down, very solid feeling. I can fit all my camp supplies with room to spare, headed from LA to Vancouver this summer.

View attachment 27857 View attachment 27865
what is that rear tail platform? Who makes that and where do I get one?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just set up some Kreiga bags. US 20 on the tank and a 10 out back - still want to be able to swing my leg over. I also have a Kreiga backpack. It is definitely the most flexible option and their bags are bulletproof.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts