Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had a white (used) Desert Sled, which I really liked a lot for the look of it.
My family did so too.
But it had a defect and went back to the dealer.

Desert Sleds are rare over here, but I found a black one, 2018 Black Edition at my local dealer, which I trust and want the bike to buy there.
He has no white Desert Sled and will get none for the next weeks or months, he said.
Summer begins and I don´t want / can´t wait that long.

So I will take the black one.
Please don´t ask me why, but I have to change the painting red/orange/yellow on it.
The fork protectors at the front will be changed to stock black ones, no problem.

And I want to foil the both tank lids and take some stickers on it.

What colour would you use for the foil, and which stickers would you make on it?

DUCATI SCRAMBLER DESERT SLED BLACK EDITION

·
Registered
151 Posts
What kind of stickers are we talking about? Like Ducati logos on the side panels or pokemon stickers?

Also...come on...why do you "need" to change the color?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Well, I had a white (used) Desert Sled, which I really liked a lot for the look of it.
My family did so too.
But it had a defect and went back to the dealer.

Desert Sleds are rare over here, but I found a black one, 2018 Black Edition at my local dealer, which I trust and want the bike to buy there.
He has no white Desert Sled and will get none for the next weeks or months, he said.
Summer begins and I don´t want / can´t wait that long.

So I will take the black one.
Please don´t ask me why, but I have to change the painting red/orange/yellow on it.
The fork protectors at the front will be changed to stock black ones, no problem.

And I want to foil the both tank lids and take some stickers on it.

What colour would you use for the foil, and which stickers would you make on it?

DUCATI SCRAMBLER DESERT SLED BLACK EDITION
why?

:congratulatory:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ducati stickers of course.

The reason why is a political one, which sucks all day long and I don´t want to talk about that here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
So you just want to strip the red/orange/yellow bits. Not sure what you mean by foil though...you mean you want to wrap the side panels? There are aftermarket side panels and decals out there. Some standard aluminum ones with the regular icon decals would probably look cool. There are a ton of combinations that would look good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How did you do that?

That looks cool, not to bad.

Did you use a software?
To see it before realizing it helps a ton.

I thought about some black ones, shiny or or dull, with the X-Logo on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you just want to strip the red/orange/yellow bits. Not sure what you mean by foil though...you mean you want to wrap the side panels? There are aftermarket side panels and decals out there. Some standard aluminum ones with the regular icon decals would probably look cool. There are a ton of combinations that would look good.
I don´t know the correct English phrase for that, we say we make foil on it over here, instead of painting it.
You can take away the foil later and everything is back on original.

"Aftermarket side panels and decals" - can you show me some?

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Little photosoupe, 3 mins work. Copied the side panel from a white one and pasted it on the black model. Same with the fork lowers.

Looks dope

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don´t know the correct English phrase for that, we say we make foil on it over here, instead of painting it.
You can take away the foil later and everything is back on original.

"Aftermarket side panels and decals" - can you show me some?
I think as Max suggested the English term for that would probably be "wrap" as in a vinyl sheet wrap. I believe it's the same as you describe. The nice thing about wraps/foils are you can change them pretty easily for a different look or if they get scratched up.

Google "Ducati Scrambler tank panels" and there are a wide range of options. Ducati very much intended to use the easily removable panels for customizing the look of the bike.

It also goes back to the original Scrambler from Ducati.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts