Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I´d like to ask to all those you made the upgrade to the M-Shock suspension how much did it improve the bike comfort.
I´m one step of stop riding the bike. I bought the Sargent Seat and it improved a lot the comfort of the bike. But if i ride for more than one hour or so the discomfort is unbearable. Probably my age (42) is playing tricks on me, but i´m willing to give this bike another go ... suspension upgrade might solve it?!

THANKS

P.S - i love the Scrambler!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well JP, I found that it made a world of difference. The bike is more comfortable, handles better and, more importantly, will ride the bumps, holes and cracks better and safer.
You will notice the difference.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well JP, I found that it made a world of difference. The bike is more comfortable, handles better and, more importantly, will ride the bumps, holes and cracks better and safer.
You will notice the difference.
That´s encouraging mate ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

I´d like to ask to all those you made the upgrade to the M-Shock suspension how much did it improve the bike comfort.
I´m one step of stop riding the bike. I bought the Sargent Seat and it improved a lot the comfort of the bike. But if i ride for more than one hour or so the discomfort is unbearable. Probably my age (42) is playing tricks on me, but i´m willing to give this bike another go ... suspension upgrade might solve it?!

THANKS

P.S - i love the Scrambler!
By what I've read in this forum while looking for shock information, virtually everybody who has changed shocks to M-Shock, Ohlins, Nitron, SB, etc., has been well satisfied by the much improved ride. Evidently the stock shock/spring is really that bad, that everybody with whatever aftermarket shock notes a marked improvement and not a subtle change.

My Scrambler was much more pleasant to ride for extended periods after installing the new shock (SB in my case), so much so that I'm going to try going back to the original seat from the Comfort seat I use now (just want to see if I can lower the CG just a bit). Forcing the seat to do the job of the suspension, as the stock shock does, makes for a pretty harsh ride.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm a lightweight (66kg) and whatever I did with the stock suspension if I hit any rough stuff I was bounced out of the seat - very disconcerting. I shelled out for a Maxton and the difference was very noticeable. I'm still on the standard seat so I guess I could make improvements but I have done 3 hours plus and been okay, just.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!
regarding the seat i can speak well enough of the Sargent Seat. It comes with a new tray that replaces the OEM tray - that enables to change the shape of the seat chassis, improving comfort by a lot. My problem are longer rides, 2 weeks ago i spent nearly 8 hours on top of the bike (in one day) and that was stressfull, to say at least ... i couldn´t even seat properly on a chair for 2 days :)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Thanks guys!
regarding the seat i can speak well enough of the Sargent Seat. It comes with a new tray that replaces the OEM tray - that enables to change the shape of the seat chassis, improving comfort by a lot. My problem are longer rides, 2 weeks ago i spent nearly 8 hours on top of the bike (in one day) and that was stressfull, to say at least ... i couldn´t even seat properly on a chair for 2 days :)
Are you saying that the Sargent seat is uncomfortable on long rides? Sorry for asking but am thinking of getting one. Also does it raise the bike up?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Phil:

I've had a Sargent two-up on my Icon for about a month now, and it's *wonderful*. You will loose a little bit of space with the replacement cargo tray, but the tool roll and my insurance docs and spare cash and whatever still fit there.

The seat is MUCH more comfortable than the stock seat, even with the Seat Concepts kit on it (which was still good, and is a good option if you're on a budget). I went from 20 minutes being unbearable on the stock seat to an hour or so on the Seat Concepts to "whatever, I can ride all day" on the Sargent.

There is no "hump" in the Sargent pan for the tool roll, and the actual seat surface itself is wider and a little more dished out than stock, so the actual surface that you sit on is a good bit (I'd say an inch or so) lower than the stock Scrambler seat. This has the effect of making the overall reach to the ground actually a bit shorter than with the stock seat.

You won't be sad if you order one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts