Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2017 Scrambler Mach 2.0 purchased in November. It currently has 430 km on the clock and I suffice to say I have not ridden it all that much.

Whenever I keep it stored, it is plugged into the Ducati supplied trickle charger.

Over the last two weeks or so, I have noticed that the bike is struggling to kick over in the mornings. Now being based in Australia, by no means is it cold, just having come out of a very warm summer.

The bike's starter button fires away, however before the bike actually starts, I might have to press it a number of times, holding it for about 4-5 seconds each time until it actually fires up.

Is this a normal Ducati thing for the scrambler? or perhaps some sort of fault?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any info I can pass it on during the 1000 km service in a month or so.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Tell your dealer.

Mine is ridden near daily, but when I'm not for over two weeks, it fires right up. Never used a trickle charger. One year old.

Funny by the way, during a start it always sounds like the starter can hardly get the engine turning, it DOES fire up though the first second.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts