Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
What size are the tires and how hard was it to install the clip ons and transfer all the controls over?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What size are the tires and how hard was it to install the clip ons and transfer all the controls over?
Same size stock on rear. No available front tire so this one was fitted with a rear tire. Threads doesn't make any difference, front or back. Front is one size bigger but would still fit the front fender. I just took it off for looks and bec. FT front fender isn't functional anyways. Clip ons are hard to install. That's all I have to say. Prepare to do some measuring and drilling to fit the controls and that's the easiest part.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What's the tough part? Putting shorter cables in, and pulling the front end apart to do so? I've got a set of clip ons, and I was quoted $500 to have a shop install them and the shorter cables included. I'd do it myself if I felt I could handle the job.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the tough part? Putting shorter cables in, and pulling the front end apart to do so? I've got a set of clip ons, and I was quoted $500 to have a shop install them and the shorter cables included. I'd do it myself if I felt I could handle the job.
You could if you have the patience. You don't need shorter cables. The cables I had in them are stock ones. Just the part where you have to remove the triple clamps and squeezing the controls in. Probably a 3-4 hour job if you're not a gearhead. Took me that long but I was patient. What shop would charge $500 for that? Were you bringing it to a dealership? That's way too high for what they are going to do.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I sure do like that seat, is that from Mugello? Which rear shock did you choose? I apologize if you explained all this earlier and I missed it. Thanks for the pictures.

Sarah

1 - 20 of 50 Posts