Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people keep on telling me how much more maintenance is required on a Ducati vs. others but when I researched this on Ducati's own site it stated the following:

"The enjoyment of riding, reliability and maximum containment of maintenance costs are among the main criteria that drive every engineering project in Ducati. We have spread out services to intervals of 24,000 km (15,000 miles) and on some models the main Desmo Service is not necessary until 30,000 km (18,000 miles). Even the simplest services, the Oil Service, have been spaced out to 12,000 km (7,500 miles) or 15,000 km (9,000 miles), values that represent an absolute reference for high performance engines."

This doesn't seem that far out of line with most other bikes I've owned and while I didn't see any mention of belt maintenance I can't imagine that one thing being a huge factor? or am I wrong?

· Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Assembled in thailand.
Motor and frame are still made in Italy and shipped to thailand, as the other parts that already cames from suppliers.

I wont worry about that.
Actually a recent post from a forum member that lives in Thailand had contacted Ducati and they informed him that the initial shipment of Scramblers to the US will be manufactured in Bologna Italy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.