Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this, but has anyone messed with the stock exhaust to take the emission control stuff out to make it louder or sound better not that it sounds bad but I am curious if there's a good way to modify the stock exhaust before I drop 1400 on the termi

·
Registered
36 Posts
With a lot of work, you can, no doubt, can "gut" the stock exhaust to improve sound and reduce back pressure. However, you will still need a way to remap the ECU to adjust the fueling. The up-map key which comes with the Termi race exhaust, is part of the reason for the high price.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Do you need a remap if you install a slip on? Say like a Remus?
If you are unsure or find a flat spot somewhere then a Power Commander will make things perfect and maybe even better than standard. Stock maps are often made to run lean around the point the emissions samples are taken. A P/Commander will fix this.
My advice would be to take your slip on with you to the rolling road and do a test run with stock pipe, fit the slip on on and compare maps/fuelling, BHP and torque figures, this will tell if it's necessary to buy a Power Commander and see what your true gains are. Plus you'll have a print out for your cave wall.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you are unsure or find a flat spot somewhere then a Power Commander will make things perfect and maybe even better than standard. Stock maps are often made to run lead around the point the emissions samples are taken. A P/Commander will fix this.
My advice would be to take your slip on with you to the rolling road and do a test run with stock pipe, fit the slip on on and compare maps/fuelling, BHP and torque figures, this will tell if it's necessary to buy a Power Commander and see what you true gains are. Plus you'll have a print out for your cave wall.
Hui, thanks for the quick revert. I was thinking of getting a PC V along with the auto tune to go with a Remus slip on.. Love that product. I got the PC V and auto tune combo on one of my bikes. However, I don't think Power Commander makes one for the scrambler. At least their web site didn't offer the option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts