Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I picked up new Scrambler icon today. Love it.

When I got home I noticed a couple of marks on the side panel. Has anyone else noticed anything. They look like rub marks

Thanks
Andy

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I did notice a couple of rub marks on mine before I collected it, They were also on another bike too,

I think it's the prep before anodising, Perhaps they just press it out and anodise , Mine are just around the knee area so it isn't a problem because they're going to get some wear in that area anyway,

·
Registered
84 Posts
Those are on mine too, I did have a moan about it when I collected mine, I'm considering getting mine carbon wrapped if they get much worse.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have just contacted Ducati UK. this is what I wrote. I will wait and see what they come back with

"when i collected my new Icon I noticed that there were some marks on the fuel tank side panels which the dealer noted. the marks are in the knee area, I have noted the marks on several other Icons, this looks like a manufacturing fault to me.
I would like to get the panels replaced with some carbon fiber ones please, free of charge as I believe the carbon ones would not show the same marks.
thank you "

·
Registered
84 Posts
Contact request
Thank you for filling in our online form.
Your request has been sent to our Customer Service department.
We will contact you as soon as possible to provide you with the appropriate assistance.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I doubt you have any hope of replacement carbon panels. It would then mean everyone else entitled to some too and I don't see that happening

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
God loves a trier. They will only be legally obliged to replace with the same materials, and not an upgrade.

If you were them what would you do? ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had them on mine when I collected it and my dealer ordered replacements, when they turned up it turns out that they're all like it.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Mine are a little worse now, :rolleyes: my over trousers scratch them, same both sides, Don't have a problem when I'm wearing my leathers, I've quit being concerned about it, ;)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
They do scratch very easily - good job I plan to have them painted or wrapped black! I've had some wiring fitted for my heated waistcoat and gloves, each wire comes out either side of the front of the seat. I was aware of the larger connection for the gloves and made sure I tucked it out of the way - but after one ride I noticed the other side had a large scratched area :eek:o_O. I think after having the panels done I will try and find some kind of 'patch' to stick on both sides (tastefully of course)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I wonder about that helicopter tape I've read about? Or on the cheap, kitchen cabinet shelf liner in clear. Don't laugh, I shop at the dollar store.

Sarah

·
Registered
834 Posts
You'd think Ducati would've sorted this prior to manufacture? Would lacquer help?
No because your knees would take it off the same. Mine are still alright but all you need do I would have thought is get a scourer and drag over in the right direction if it's bare alloy. All metals polish and scratch don't they. If not put some rubber over them and spoil the look I say.

·
Registered
764 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
If not put some rubber over them and spoil the look I say.
You're probably right, for all models except maybe the Urban Enduro. The rubber knee pads that Triumph and some others use may suit the army look ?.
Worth a look though, maybe find something similar but cuter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have just contacted Ducati UK. this is what I wrote. I will wait and see what they come back with

"when i collected my new Icon I noticed that there were some marks on the fuel tank side panels which the dealer noted. the marks are in the knee area, I have noted the marks on several other Icons, this looks like a manufacturing fault to me.
I would like to get the panels replaced with some carbon fiber ones please, free of charge as I believe the carbon ones would not show the same marks.
thank you "
Yeah, good luck with that. I have been waiting for 4 months for a response in regards to the headlight grill "chewing" through the brake cable sheath.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts