Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my new Scrambler this weekend from Cycle 128 up in Beverly. I live in southern Massachusetts. How am I gonna survive a New england winter with a brand new bike in the garage and I can't ride it for the next 3 - 4 months. The agony and the ecstasy.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Tell me about it.
I'm from Worcester, but I work in Hartford and keep it in the garage at my office so I can sneak out on the occasional warm day.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to meet you. So how do you like the bike? The only thing that concerns me is I am 6'1" and I'm thinking I'm going to have to get the comfort seat as it is taller. Other than that it is wicked cool.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Glad to meet you. So how do you like the bike? The only thing that concerns me is I am 6'1" and I'm thinking I'm going to have to get the comfort seat as it is taller. Other than that it is wicked cool.
If your thinking of a shock upgrade anytime in the future you can often gain an inch there too?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Likewise.
I'm 6' myself. I tried the Ducati Comfort seat on my bike and found that it just wasn't any better, and in some ways worse, than the stock UE seat. . It just didn't feel right and I could never seem to get comfortable in it.
I hear really good things about the Mustang seat though.

Other than that I love the bike. I'm not a crazy top speed freak any more and I'd rather ride a quick bike on the wooded back roads and the mountains than an Busa on the pike. .

If you haven't been.. a great ride would be to The Vanilla Bean Cafe in CT. . every weekend all kinds of cool interesting bike show up and hang out. . really cool spot.

The Vanilla Bean Café | Café/Restaurant and Live Entertainment

Cheers.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Oh and as for any complaints about the bike.. for me it is finding the right muffler... the factory is much to quiet in my opinion.. I am currently on the Danmoto GP-1. . but even with the Db killers in the thing is insanely loud. . so much so I'm apprehensive about revving it much past 5k. . .but that's just me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That cafe looks cool and that's a relatively short ride. We live between Fall River and Providence and it is asshole of New England for good places to eat. We have to go to Rhode Island or 30 miles north to get to anywhere decent. This is gonna be a long winter waiting for riding weather.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a lot of fond memories of the North Shore. Our family would spend a couple of weeks in Rockport (well, Pigeon Cove, technically) every summer when I was a kid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts