Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to research whether my next tyres will be Metzeler Roadtec 01s or Pirelli Angel GTs. Running on Sydney's rough bitumen/tarmac. 95% dry weather running. Less interested in mileage, more interested in the fun factor (grip and confidence inspiring). Currently ruled out the Michelin PR4s only because I am not riding everyday and don't need a brilliant rain tyre and the Dunlops are off the list because I read they are really touring biased...so in summary I want a road tyre that is sport biased and not touring biased that suits the lighter Scrambler. Feedback please

·
Registered
105 Posts
Suspect you might be stuck with either the Angel GT or Michelin PR3 since Metzeler doesn't appear to have an 18" front Roadtec 01.

Don't think it's too bad though as the Angel GT is actually pretty good in my experience.

bm

·
Registered
792 Posts
You are kind of shit out of luck, when it comes to pure sport tyres. The only road-biased options for the Scrambler are sport touring tyres. Still sporty enough though I reckon.

Metzler don't do the newer roadtec 01 in the right size for the 18" front wheel. I recently had the Metzler Interact Z8's fitted to my bike.
Made a big difference. Bike feels more nimble and drops into a turn much easier.

They don't feel like they offer more ultimate grip than the MT-60's but the MT-60's were a bit slower to respond and kind of 'rolled' into corners in a more progressive way.

One thing I will say, since fitting the Metzlers, the ride on the Scrambler isn't so bone-shacking over large bumps as it was before. Not sure why... Less unsprung weight from a lighter tyre, softer tyre wall? Who knows.

From my reading, of all the sport touring tyres, the Angel GT and the Interact Z8's were the furthest towards sport. The PR4's & Avon's are more touring biased and better in the wet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Finally switched from original equipment tires (2nd set) to Angel GTs. They are very good.
About 500 miles and 10,000 smiles. I don't think you would be disappointed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Joooooooosh
Are you still a fan of the Metzeler z8s?
Or found something better?
Time to replace my oem's and metzeler are cheaper than angels currently.
Looking for grip over distance, particularly the front.
Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts