Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed they make a 12/70-18 front in these. So they’re a possibility.

has anyone tried them on the 800?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just noticed they make a 12/70-18 front in these. So they’re a possibility.

has anyone tried them on the 800?
120/70 tires are generally designed for 3.5 - 3.75 wide wheels. Putting it on a 3 inch wheel is going to change the contour of the tire. Also since the 120/70 is a lower profile tire you’re going to change the rake and trail geometry and the lower profile will throw the speedo of.

Is there any specific reason you’re going for the Road 5 GT?

I’m in a similar boat and looking at other tire choices since most of my riding is tarmac. I’m kind of leaning towards the Road Attack 3.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Road 5 is a good tyre - so I wondered how close the GT might be?
If it’s stiff and heavy I won’t bother - but if it’s close then I’d consider a set.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if it helps.. But I run a set of Road 5's with a GT on the front of my Scrambler 1100 Sports.. My experience is that they're an awesome tyre.. Both from a handling and wear perspective.. I ride all year in all weather.. Commuting, light touring thru to scratching on the weekend..

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have them on my Desert Sled. At 5K miles the stock Pirellis still had some life in them but I was planning a 2,000 mile ride that was going to be strictly highway and I knew they wouldn't last that long. So I put the Road 5 GTs on and love them. I have about 6K miles on them and they still look great like they could do another 6K. It's amazing. Great grip in the dry and rain. No complaints whatsoever. Well, one. They kind of take away the bad-ass looks of a knobby-shod Desert Sled. A DS should have knobbies on it so I'm probably going to go back to the stock Pirellis or maybe some TKC-80s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts