Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bags and flyscreen.jpg

I finally finished fabricating and welding brackets for these saddlebags. Found the bags on Amazon, they are Musette bags, the left side is 15" high x 15" wide x 5" deep, the right side (because of the exhaust) is 12" high x 12" wide x 6" deep. The parts of the mounting bracket that attach to the stock mounting points on the bike are 1/8" steel and the frame that mounts to the bag and connects to the mounting bracket is 5/16" steel rod. I used 3/8" rubber insulated clamps to attach the bag frames to the bags and lined each bag with aluminum sheet on 3 sides (to give the bags some structure and as a backing for the bag frame).

Bag mount.jpg

The bags have shoulder straps that I used as safety straps to keep the bags from falling off the bike in case the mounting system fails.

Bags.jpg

The flyscreen is 16 gauge steel.

Bags side view.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Special thanks to Dave S. and his "Homemade screen mounted" post, which I used to design my flyscreen. Thanks also to Personne and his "Side bags" post which I referred to when designing my saddlebag mounts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, these really came out well.
How does the canvas hold up to the exhaust heat?
Thanks! I rode for about an hour in 75 degree weather and felt the right saddlebag, it was warm but not hot where the exhaust was hitting it. I am not worried since the bags are thick canvas and backed by aluminum which acts as a heat sink.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Special thanks to Dave S. and his "Homemade screen mounted" post, which I used to design my flyscreen. Thanks also to Personne and his "Side bags" post which I referred to when designing my saddlebag mounts.
I thought it looked familiar :)
Glad to be of help,that's what this forum is all about.Nice job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts