Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not with the bike at the present so want a bit of info please.
Mirrors....I'm assuming M10 but is the left one (as sat on the bike) a right hand (normal) thread and the right mirror a left hand thread? Can't seem to find out anywhere.
Ta
JohnyT

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Not with the bike at the present so want a bit of info please.
Mirrors....I'm assuming M10 but is the left one (as sat on the bike) a right hand (normal) thread and the right mirror a left hand thread? Can't seem to find out anywhere.
Ta
JohnyT
Correct, as you describe.
They are however interchangeable, so if you don't know the history they could get/be mixed up.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
You can see my post here for how I fitted some standard enduro folding mirrors by ordering the clutch side bracket and attaching it to the front brake perch. I included the part number you need; it is inexpensive.
In the drop down menu you show for your mirrors they give the option of the reverse thread type. Commonly used on Yamaha's.
Another option I've come across a few years ago was a simple adapter using a left male with a right female nipple.

·
Registered
64 Posts
In the drop down menu you show for your mirrors they give the option of the reverse thread type.
Ha ha you're right! I think when I ordered these I did not know about the reverse threading and "Yamaha" in the size description made me quickly rule that out. Well, the way these and perhaps many other mirrors have the tightening nuts does not really necessitate the need for reverse threading on the right. And now if I am in a pinch to replace that mirror while on the trail or road, I will have more options - something to consider.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Put a set of DoubleTake Adv mirrors on. I use the Enduro (round) version on my dirt bikes. Used the "Yamaha" adapter for the right mirror, "Base Extension" on the left to match height.
IMG_1879.jpeg

·
Registered
148 Posts
In the drop down menu you show for your mirrors they give the option of the reverse thread type. Commonly used on Yamaha's.
Another option I've come across a few years ago was a simple adapter using a left male with a right female nipple.
I just ordered a set of these BikeMaster folding mirrors. I went for 1ea Universal and Yamaha reverse so "hopefully" I will be able to just install them into the existing mounts w/o having to buy a left side.

I was between getting these and the Double Take Enduro mirrors, but decided to try these as I have a set of DT Adventure mirrors on my Husky. Personally I find adjusting the DT mirrors with the RAM mount a PITA.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I got the BikeMaster folding Enduro mirrors installed and tested. I like them! The universal fits the left side and the Yamaha/reverse fits the right side, both bolt right onto the stock mounts, no mods needed. They are nicely made and work well. They provide a clear image and can take a hit as they can move some so they don't break.

Honestly I like these better than the Double Take mirrors I have on my Husky 650.

The Double Take Adventure style mirrors on my Husky for reference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Folding 280mm KTM mirrors, probably the best mod I've made to the Sled yet. These are original KTM-OEM mirrors, great quality. Get them from Henri at moto-science.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi since the last two week i try to find fender eliminator with the plate under like your picture. Can not find it .Is it custom or your bought it somewhere and if yes what kind is it? thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts