Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just had my bike in for its first service today, at 720 miles. Hot day here and on the way home was in a little traffic, blipped the throttle and got a backfire, almost like a slight stall. Fuel tank was about a third full. Almost home at some lights it did it again. When I got home and put the bike away the tank was making a whining noise, slight smell of fuel from the front of the tank but also a gurgling noise, like the fuel was bubbling a little in the tank. I know these bikes get hot and I know tanks vent fumes when hot. My question is as my bike has the canister fitted should you still smell fuel ? And could a slight vacuum cause this backfire/ almost stall. It's never done it in 700 miles, there's no reason for it to be because of the service surely as they don't touch the fuel tank or pipes do they ? Thanks in advance, hopefully I'm made myself understood, lol

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
First check if the tank doesn't develop a vacuum. Can you normally open it?

And no, with that canister you should not smell fuel.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First check if the tank doesn't develop a vacuum. Can you normally open it?

And no, with that canister you should not smell fuel.
Tank opens fine mate, just lifted the tank and the thicker pipe that goes to the evaporation canister isn't connected to the tank, hanging loose, can't fit it back on, can get my hand in just but the pipe is as tight as hell

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
You don't want fuel dripping from the vent right onto the engine.

Either to the canister, or remove the canister (block the hose going to the manifold!) and run a hose to the underside of the bike imho.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't want fuel dripping from the vent right onto the engine.

Either to the canister, or remove the canister (block the hose going to the manifold!) and run a hose to the underside of the bike imho.
I'll leave mine on for the moment Max and try and reconnect the hose from the canister on the underside of the tank. See if it runs any different before I contact the dealer, my mate suggested they might have updated the map during the service and that could be causing the slight fuelling issue. Thanks for the feedback :headbang:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts