Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if Ducati will allow you to build your Scrambler in a modular way in the accessory department of their dealership.

Basically, allowing you to start with the Icon, add the headlight from the Urban Enduro, the exhaust from the Full Throttle, and the seat from the Classic.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It looks like almost all of those parts are interchangeable as the chasis is exactly the same on all the bikes. I also think they're selling the icon at a discount with the intent that people will be adding components to customize...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ideal build for me:

Full Throttle bike with Classic style tank, front fender, and wheels. Assuming seat could match tank

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes that would be great if you could build your own like cars. Pick your options and they would make more money too.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm sure all the parts will be available,, I don't think I ever saw a nonmodified Duc that was more than a few weeks old,,, that's the whole idea,, I'll have wrenches on mine within hours of it being on the stand in my studio,,,

·
Registered
127 Posts
There's my new pipe now!!! I told you guys,,, once the bikes are available for measuring, fitting and testing there's going to be a whole slew of choices,,, and if not ( and I don't see why not), I'll have one made,,, I have a custom system on my enduro right now

·
Registered
127 Posts
A guy I know developed and makes pistons and various parts for the penegal superbikes and also worked with the fast by ferracci race team,, I'm sure I can get him to help out with a part or two if need be,,, we're not close buds. But I'm sure he will come up with something if the need arises for a few benjamins,,,

·
Registered
166 Posts
super pumped for the confirmation of the interchangeability of parts and accessories! Looks like we are going to have some fun!

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Are the spoke wheels stainless spokes does anyone know. As much as I hate cleaning them on my classics I prefer the look on this style bike.
I would imagine that a company like Ducati would opt for stainless spokes. They would be more expensive, but I think Ducati would be upset having their spokes out on the streets sporting rust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts