Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share my modifications so far!

Renthal Black Medium Road Bars
Bar end mirrors
Black side panels, urban enduro emblems
Black powder coated exhaust shields, headlight surround
Classic seat
Classic fender set (powder coated black)
Throttle tamer tube
Custom LED rear indicators
Gel Grips

On order:
Wider black pegs
Black frame plugs
Project SC high mount exhaust

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow we have very similar taste! I've done/doing almost the exact same mods. Looks great!
Thanks! Share some pictures sometime, would be cool to see what you've done.

I really like those bar ends.
They were actually dirt cheap from Amazon. I just really wanted to ditch the stock mirrors ASAP and these had Prime shipping so I could get them in 2 days. Figured if they were garbage i'd pick out something better but i'm really impressed by them actually.

Amazon.com 2X Motorcycle Billet CNC Aluminum Black Anodized Direct Fit 2 Way Multi Angle Adjustment 7 8 Handle Bar End Convex Blindsight Rearview Side Mirror For Ducati Monster 796 848 1198 Yamaha YZF R6 R600R FZ6 Honda CBR 600RR Suzuki GSX-R600 R750 Automotive

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll be duplicating a few of these mods on my FT when it arrives, particularly the blacked exhaust. So slick! How much did the powder coating run you?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did both shields for the exhaust, the upper shield and the headlight surround ring for $95. I picked the satin type finish 20% gloss black I think it was. Seemed like a pretty good deal all and all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
New pictures, classic seat & classic fenders (powder coated black), and some LED indicators I made. I guess I'll call it MNT250's Modern Classic Icon.

I also peeled off the tank protector later on, just didn't like it much and it had some bubbles.

IMG_3977.jpg
IMG_3981.jpg
IMG_3994.jpg
IMG_3970.jpg

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just wanted to share my modifications so far!

Renthal Black Medium Road Bars
Bar end mirrors
Black side panels, urban enduro emblems
Black powder coated exhaust shields, headlight surround
Classic seat
Classic fender set (powder coated black)
Throttle tamer tube
Custom LED rear indicators
Gel Grips

On order:
Wider black pegs
Black frame plugs
Project SC high mount exhaust
Quick question: It looks like you've changed the clamps on the levers where the original mirror mounts were? What did you swap them out with?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I just swapped sides, so that the bolt holes are on the bottom now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Wow, you've been busy! Nice work, and thanks so much for sharing the links to vendors, too. What do you think about the throttle tamer?

Sarah

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks! I think it actually makes a difference, it might be in my head but it feels more controllable now.

Yesterday I painted the cluster ring and silver accents under the seat satin black.

IMG_4003.jpg
IMG_4010.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Today I sawed off the stock plate holder on the classic fender setup, put on an axle mount plate holder, added rizoma club rear signals and made some front LED signals out of eBay cheap 168 LED bulbs.
IMG_4165.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4164.jpg

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That clean fender looks super nice. Is that plate holder required to have a light? Smart idea on those turn signal mounts, too.

Sarah

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have two holes in my plate I used to mount it to the old location so going to try to use those, i'm going to get a piece of aluminum L channel, bolt it to the back of the plate and then bolt the stock light to that. The stock location for the wiring runs right along that area so should work out well. If that doesn't work or look right I might try some of those LED plate bolts.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts