Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with all the costly mods done to the bike already (exhaust, tune, fender eliminator, bar end mirrors, etc) here are a few freebies! These are the best because all it costs you is a little time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the carbon canister? I don't think the bikes in Europe have them.
Nope you all are lucky and don't have to worry about it. It is an emissions thing for North America.

The fancy google definition of the system is: Evaporative or carbon canisters are a device used by manufactures to meet the increasingly stringent emissions regulations of the EPA and other governing bodies. The main concept is that the carbon canister captures excess hydrocarbons and fuel vapor and then returns them to the fuel tank.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess it was only a matter of time. Regulations for gas engines will only get tougher and the push for all electric will eventually win out.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think they will start showing up in Europe. My Hyper 939 had one fitted and I believe some of the newer scrambler models do too.
They're popping up in Sydney too. Inevitable I guess as bmxbandit says. I think if they took a bit more time either on the aesthetic of them, or hiding them altogether no one would even care.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Deano968

I have an issue with my 2015 scrambler written up in another conversation on this forum which has led me to a potential canister issue. When you say they are popping up in Sydney, how recent are you talking? Would my 2015 have one?
I ask as I called the local dealers in Sydney and one told me I have a canister and the other said I didn’t.
Appreciate any insights...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would lay money on it not having a canister. Mine's a 2015 too and mine is canister-free. I don't know when they were introduced over here in NSW but I've definitely seen newer Scramblers with them on the showroom floor. I'm guessing a couple of years after ours so 2017/18 but I stress it is a guess.

They're pretty hard to miss as they're stuck on the side of the bike at the front (actually can't remember which side). Perhaps someone on here has a picture of their bike showing the canister location?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would lay money on it not having a canister. Mine's a 2015 too and mine is canister-free. I don't know when they were introduced over here in NSW but I've definitely seen newer Scramblers with them on the showroom floor. I'm guessing a couple of years after ours so 2017/18 but I stress it is a guess.

They're pretty hard to miss as they're stuck on the side of the bike at the front (actually can't remember which side). Perhaps someone on here has a picture of their bike showing the canister location?

I don't have a pic of mine with the canister installed. It fell off shortly after I purchased the bike and I've not been able to replace it.

This pic shows where it was originally installed on the left side of the bike. You can see the hoses near the bottom of the engine:

-Bob

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I don't have a pic of mine with the canister installed. It fell off shortly after I purchased the bike and I've not been able to replace it.

This pic shows where it was originally installed on the left side of the bike. You can see the hoses near the bottom of the engine:

-Bob
Looking at your image - wasn't the evap canister on the right hand side as you're sat on the bike opposite the oil cooler rad?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Looking at your image - wasn't the evap canister on the right hand side as you're sat on the bike opposite the oil cooler rad?
On my 2016 Flat Track Pro it was hanging out in the breeze on the left side below the oil cooler.

I think on the later models it was moved to the other side and covered with bodywork.

-Bob

Reactions: Deano968
1 - 13 of 13 Posts