Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hunting down a very comfortable seat and hoping you, riders, post it up with pictures. I want to put it all in one place. Or has it been done?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looking for "comfort" a seat alone is only part of the equation. I've mated the FT footpeg position with the Ducati optional "Comfort Seat" and a set of Rizoma MA006B handlebars (plus a short fly screen and careful positioning of levers and controls) to achieve good comfort.

My test rides have proven to me that this works well, for me. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am a big fan of the Seat Concepts foam.

I used it under the comfort seat cover for a stock look.

The shape of the seat concepts foam allows me to sit further back and doesn't push me into the tank like the stock and comfort seat did.

20170203_163233.jpg

·
Registered
192 Posts
My doctor told me that if I continued to ride with the stock Classic seat that I would need a total ass transplant within 6 months. I bought a comfort seat and he gave me a year. Finally i took it to an upholsterer and he built up the dip which causes you to grind your man parts (guessing it's not as bad for women) into the gas tank and added padding. It looks good and doctor told me my ass was gonna make a complete recovery and in time the scars would be almost impossible to see. As a side observation, now the rear suspension only seems to half suck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I guess we're all shaped slightly differently. For me, the Comfort Seat has a nicely placed depression that seems pretty comfortable. It's far back enough and shallow enough that I'm not sliding into/over the tank and I can move around pretty easily. My, um, boy bits are in no danger of being ground into anything. And my butt has only the one scar ... :D

1 - 20 of 88 Posts