Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking for "comfort" a seat alone is only part of the equation. I've mated the FT footpeg position with the Ducati optional "Comfort Seat" and a set of Rizoma MA006B handlebars (plus a short fly screen and careful positioning of levers and controls) to achieve good comfort.

My test rides have proven to me that this works well, for me. :)
Your tank panel is very cool. Where did you get it ? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Picked up my new 2020 DS and the seat is absolutely horrid for anything more than an hour ride...so much so I wonder if I picked the wrong bike.

With that said has anything used the Ducati Premium Touring Seat: https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/accessories/ACC011491

Also, found the Mugello Full Seat which looks nice. Haven't seen too many reviews of either yet.
It took me a couple tries to get it right, now I can ride all day-most fun all-around bike I’ve ever had, absolutely love it. I have not tried the two you mention but I tried the Ducati comfort seat, then gave-in and had a custom seat made locally. It didn’t cost much more than Sargent, etc. and I was able to get it really dialed in. Coupled with a ROX bar riser to get the bars closer and higher, it feels great now, including standing when off-road. The builder was also able to use the original fabric panel piece with the logo.
5277FD8F-39CC-4BB8-81B5-11667C4EB0D7.jpeg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interesting, that does look pretty comfy. How much taller is it?
i asked for mine to be taller, probably 1.5” - 2”. He more often makes them a bit lower for customers but apparently still has the same comfortable results. Does excellent work.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Seeing how Mugello has a million negative reviews in the buying experience (but great reviews on the product itself) and the fact that they're not shipping due to COVID-19, has anyone found any seat makers/resellers in the US that have some that look and feel like the Mugello ones? Particularly their slim ones.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a Revere Seat from Mustang for my Classic.

Ducati Scrambler - 2015 to 2018 REVERE DUCATI 800 SCRAMBLER 2015 UP JOURNEY BROWN 2-UP 74201 | Mustang Motorcycle Seats

I have to say it looks great. And it is WAY more comfortable than stock and the mod's I made on the stock seat (gel insert and cutting the ridges out where the tool bag fits in). I have come to the conclusion that the main problem with the stock seat are the ridges in the pan where the tool bag ties in. They hit whatever bones they are called the same as a skinny bicycle seat. The Revere seat and I expect any comfortable seat has a wide flat pan. or at least a smooth curved pan. The ridges are the flaw.

So back to the seat. It has a nice wide, flat pan. It is ~1" lower which is fine for me. I'm 5' 7" and have an inseam of 30". If you are a lot taller, the hump in the rear of the seat would fix your position and it may not work if your knees go too far forward. It is perfect for me so I'd suggest it for a shorter man or woman. But I wouldn't rule it out for taller folks if the position is OK for you. Kinda a personal preference thing.

I rode ~4-5 hrs today, nice but cold here in northern California. Well cold for us softies, perhaps 40 deg F. Saw what looked like snow or maybe hail accumulation on the side of the road in a couple places. Anyway, it was great. No more squirming after an hour or two.

The seat is harder and thinner foam but since it is on a flat pan it is comfortable. The real diamond stitching is more grippy than the fake pattern on the classic seat. I did notice that the suspension jolts (I really need to get an aftermarket shock) tend to focus more on the back than those bicycle seat bones. I don't have back problems but might be worth considering if you do. Not painful, just different.

My friend has the Sargent single seat. It looks to be better built and has more of a "tractor" seat type look and feel. I expect it would be more comfortable but it costs a LOT more. I'm a bit of a cheapskate but I should have bought this a long time ago. ~12k miles with a bad seat was dumb.

So my verdict is. Look for a seat with a smooth or flat pan and wider seat if you want comfort. The Revere is a good buy.

Happy trails.
----------------
Just wanted to say thanks for the in-depth info about the Mustang seat. Seems that shall be the direction for me as getting my feet a bit closer to the ground is a benefit.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts