Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up one of these tools to help measure the chain tension for my Scrambler Icon. I already adjusted the chain tension without it, but wanted to try it out just to see if I come up with. I messed with it for awhile but I cant see how it works with this bike. The Swingarm is way too high to use the tool.

Anybody else have any issue with this or is it just me? Feeling kind of lame here..

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have never seen the Motion Pro tool in the flesh but it looks complicated for a simple task.
If you do want to use a tool to set chain tension the Chain Monkey is a great device that is almost foolproof.

Chain Monkey - Tru-Tension AUS | Precision Every Time | Chain Monkey
If only you, MaxKool, Armo the Naughty, Hui (to thrash me sometimes), and one or two others lived on my street.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, the motionpro tool won't work on our bikes due to the kink in the swingarm which is right where you want to measure slack. I just use a ruler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the motionpro tool won't work on our bikes due to the kink in the swingarm which is right where you want to measure slack. I just use a ruler.
I appreciate the confirmation. I'm an inept mechanic, but I was beginning to think that I had absolutely NO skill whatsoever with such a "simple" tool.

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I meant Phil, sorry. There's actually a home for sale in the street next to ours, but make sure to bring enough dosh (people are overbidding here, sometimes by the 100's of k's.....).

·
Registered
892 Posts
The block of land directly
I meant Phil, sorry. There's actually a home for sale in the street next to ours, but make sure to bring enough dosh (people are overbidding here, sometimes by the 100's of k's.....).
The house on the block below ours (1/2 acre) sold recently. The house burnt down in the bush fires in Jan 1997, the land is a 20 degree slope, you will never get a permit to build a new house due to the fire danger and if you did the engineering would cost millions. Only AUD$800,000...A bargain really.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts