Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am came across the device called m.unit by Motogadget.
It claimed to be able to replace the stock fuse box and the solenoid starter, which in this case, the 2 things stay in the seat box of the scrambler Icon. And the result will help save some space in this box for other customization projects.
Basically, I think this is feasible for this bike, but will it affect the performance of the ECU, the starter, the immobilizer unit.... And may be some other electrical parts.

If you have any experience or have already installed this m.unit, please share. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rick.
I have digged out all info from the site.
My qiestions are the real world experience when installing this device on this specific bike.
Because from desk research, I feel that the improvement, the benefits seem not a lot comparing to all the hassle from the change.
BR, Tue

·
Registered
733 Posts
I do not know what you would save other than space.

What you would loose.

1. Any warantee on the electrics of the bike - as you would need to modify the harness to suit
2. A lot of time fitting unit
3. Ability to change a relay if one goes faulty in the future - seems they are all mounted inside the new module meaning if it fails you would need to change the complete module not just a relay
4. The ability of a dealer to help you diagnose electrical issues - as the bike would not look like the electrical diagrams.
5. Money buying a unit to fix an issue that is not there on a new / running bike.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I know this unit well. I used on a 1973 Honda 350 Scrambler build. While it is inherently easy to use, it is absolutely not intended for the purpose that you're proposing and will cause you more problems than you're trying to solve.

This unit is great if you have a completely stripped bike and are starting the electrics and wiring loom from scratch. Particularly on a vintage build.
Trying to fit this unit into an existing wiring loom will be a nightmare.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Simon, O2theL:
You guys so great and so right.
I can forget about this now.
Thanks a million.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi im building a custom bike and really wanted to use this same unit. I did a bunch of research and spoke to some other people and as others said its a major hassle. I ended up rebuilding the mounting bracket to position it better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts