Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've done over 300 miles now, and calculated from the last fill up it is giving me an amazing 60.9 mpg, which means a full tank should give me the best part of 180 miles :D (although I wouldn't wait that long before filling!).

This may of course be a reflection of my riding :eek: but I don't think I have ridden too much like a 'granny' :rolleyes:, I had done 120 miles when I filled up and only put 8.98litres in the tank (no fuel light had come on, I was doing a longish run and didn't want to have to stop to fuel).

The bike has had a varied running in - which has consisted of dual carriageways, town (stop/start), lots of country lanes, hills and bends. I've been up and down the range of recommended rpms apart from the first trip where I totally forgot I was supposed to be being careful and went a tad faster than I should have .. :confused:

I'm very pleased as I hadn't expected it to be as much :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I've done over 300 miles now, and calculated from the last fill up it is giving me an amazing 60.9 mpg, which means a full tank should give me the best part of 180 miles :D (although I wouldn't wait that long before filling!).

This may of course be a reflection of my riding :eek: but I don't think I have ridden too much like a 'granny' :rolleyes:, I had done 120 miles when I filled up and only put 8.98litres in the tank (no fuel light had come on, I was doing a longish run and didn't want to have to stop to fuel).

The bike has had a varied running in - which has consisted of dual carriageways, town (stop/start), lots of country lanes, hills and bends. I've been up and down the range of recommended rpms apart from the first trip where I totally forgot I was supposed to be being careful and went a tad faster than I should have .. :confused:

I'm very pleased as I hadn't expected it to be as much :)
That's great news. And it's still being broken in, so might get even better mileage.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I never consider mpg with my bikes. The only consideration is fun :)

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I just work on filling up every 100 miles or thereabouts. Never run out so far. :)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I agree about the fun but want to know how many miles I'm likely to achieve before having to stop for fuel!
I just work on filling up every 100 miles or thereabouts. Never run out so far. :)
I agree with both of you.
I don't consider mpg. I've no idea about that on any of my bikes.
What I do do is zero the trip after every fuel stop and as El Toro said, ride to around a certain mileage to suit whatever bike I'm on.
Like Little Owl said, I need to know tank range, especially when touring. My wife's Diavel has less range than my bike, so the fuel stops are based on that (approx120-130mls), and we manage the stops to suit bike range then maybe a meal break to match in.

Just a habit, one of my better ones.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I agree with both of you.
I don't consider mpg. I've no idea about that on any of my bikes.
What I do do is zero the trip after every fuel stop and as El Toro said, ride to around a certain mileage to suit whatever bike I'm on.
Like Little Owl said, I need to know tank range, especially when touring. My wife's Diavel has less range than my bike, so the fuel stops are based on that (approx120-130mls), and we manage the stops to suit bike range then maybe a meal break to match in.

Just a habit, one of my better ones.
If this is the case I want a smaller tank. more fuel for the bike and the belly!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I managed 105 miles then the light came on, hooning around the lanes, so not that bad for a small tank, I think 120 miles should be possible touring or main roads (freeway)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I get out of 1 liter 22,5 km. That means more or less 213km before reserve starts. However incluiding 4 liter reserve it should be 300 Km (189 miles). I will not test...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I never consider mpg with my bikes. The only consideration is fun :)
I'm doing something wrong! I'm only managing about 130 at a push. Fill up when the light comes on

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm getting about 146 miles by the time I get to the station with the F light on. 2.8 gallons at the fill which is about 52 MPG.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I now get between 110-120 miles between fills running with out 02 sensors and rexxer map. Down about 6% on what the stock bike gave me

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got 48mpg (US) on my last tank. That was mixed city / highway and some "spirited" riding. This is also with a booster plug installed. The gas light comes on usually between 110-120 miles.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts