Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Mudsling

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  MEMLA 
#1 ·
Looking into stopping mud getting thrown up on the engine / shock etc. I found a UK bike for sale online recently that had custom fit a Mudsling, I'm assuming it was a modified GS one? Anyone any ideas or know what will work? I'm grabbing a cheap universal Acerbis item to try first but interested to hear if anyone had adapted anything else?

Cheers, Rog.

#4 ·
There really is no option with the standard very small mudguard. If its a real problem then I guess you would have to investigate fitting a full size front mudguard off another bike, That in itself could also be a problem because there are not many bikes these days with 18" front wheels.

#5 ·
Cheers K1W1... Yeah, no problem with the front (19"), its the rear I'm on about, the area between the back wheel and the rear of the engine... There are universal options that need a bit of butchering, but I have seen a photo online (which I now can't find) of a Desert Sled with a Mudsling fitted... It could be from a GS or similar??? This photo should paint a thousand words of what I'm looking for/wondering if anyone has fitted something similar?

#6 ·
The shock on the Scrambler is off to one side unlike most bikes (and the BMW in the picture). I can’t say that I gave ever really noticed much road grime on the Scrambler shock. A bit of muck on the engine is easy enough to clear off with a pressure washer used correctly.

#9 ·
Come on now, seriously mate... I appreciate the response and chat but for real??? I wasn't going to bother replying but I am now just to possibly head off any further responses down silly routes...

Again, I was asking if anyone with a Desert Sled has found a solution for a rear inner fender before I potentially waste cash buying a solution that maybe a waste of time... I get elbow grease and cleaning solutions, and the more open it is the easier it is to clean 🙈 but not quite what I was looking for...

I've been riding for 45 years, competed in MX, Road Racing, and up until recently Enduro... plenty of experience cleaning bikes, actually a life time, and stripping a bike back to its bare bones to clean it is also a regular occurrence, I also have plenty of experience of the benefits of applying preventative solutions on protecting parts on a dirt bike hence my initial enquiry...

Not to worry... thanks for the responses but not what I was hoping from this forum...

Cheers all the same...

#12 ·
There was a post I saw in the past where someone extended the rear TAIL of the fender to reduce the mud from going up his back jacket. The extension more closely matched the extension of the license plate holder. I believe he use a fender off a different Ducati scrambler (icon?). I understand you want to cover the forward area just thought I would mention this. Also someone else posted on covering and expanding the width of the front of the rear fender. I believe the fabricated something.
you may try looking on advrider forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.