Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received a Mugello seat after waiting 7 months for it. This past Sunday I went for a 4-hour ride because I had nothing better to do. Two times the seat unlatched it self and come loose after going over a bump. Both times I had to pull over and re-attach the seat.

Anyone else have similar issues with the Mugello seat? I am going to email them about it, but they've been pretty bad about responding to my emails/messages in the past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope this is a one off. Has it happened since?
I’m currently asking them if they can sell me a seat. I don’t require it to be covered. I’m just looking for the seat pan with the foam, or even just the slim seat pan. That way I’m hoping to get it sent much more quickly than normal.
I’ve a guy in mind that I’ve used before to alter seats. He does some amazing work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Mutiny66 it happened 5 times in total over the course of a few hundred miles. It would happen when I hit a speed bump or a dip in the road that would cause my body weight to compress on the seat and then bounce up. Basically seat bouncing. Mugello has been a pain to deal with but I sent it back to them because it's just unsafe. They're claiming that they can't make it happen, but I doubt they're really trying to recreate the issue. I think they just don't want to refund me the return shipping cost.

Just so you know, they suck at communicating. Don't try and email them through their site, they won't respond. Message them through Instagram instead. It's the only place they've responded to any of my messages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m just going to give them a miss. Poor comms really does put me off.
it’s a shame because the stuff they produce does look good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't blame you. Communicating with them is so incredibly frustrating. They will ignore several messages and then I will literally ask "can you please respond?" to even just get an "ok". They've had the seat I returned for over 3 weeks now and have not refunded my $$, which they agreed to. Seems like their tactic is to ignore me until I give up so they don't have to refund it.

Their stuff does look good though, I'll give you that. But unfortunately their business ethics are questionable at best.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t care how good their product looks. Their communication skills seen somewhat lacking. From what I’ve read, there’s also been a few issues with the quality of the products they produce. Given that they seem to take months to produce each item, and in small numbers, quality should be top notch.
I wont be ordering anything from them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts