Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Any electricians on here? The stock sled plug has 3 wires - red/white, yellow and black. The mugello plug (female) has 3 wires 1 to the tail/brake light and 1 for each turn signal. Turn signals work fine. Tail light works but it is permanently on high intensity, ie. not brake light.

Any suggestions on what to cut/splice would be greatly appreciated. 馃

Registered
Hi, I had the Mugello led rear on my Icon. The ducati wiring I have is White/black, white/green for the indicators, red/black and yellow for the brake/ rear light and black for ground. The Mugello plug has white, green, red, yellow and black for ground.

To have side, brake, turn left and right you would need four signal lines(wires) on the Mugello plug or it cant work. Unless it has a ground connection elsewhere on the unit and they are using the black as a signal wire?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
@M999PSW Yeah I have all grounds from turn signals and brake wired into one ground. The problem is that I can have a taillight or a brake light but not both. I tried all combinations on the remaining two wires. Maybe the stock DS light has a built in resistor of some kind.

Registered
So you have two wires left coming from the bike and one from the Mugello? Or two wires left from both, what colour are they?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
yeah two wires left from both. Red and yellow on the tail light and grey-ish/stripe and yellow from the Ducati harness. Everything else is connected and working. When I hook up them up the standard way the tail light is at 100% intensity and pressing the brake does nothing. If I reverse that connection I get no tail light but the brake light comes on at like 25% intensity.

I just ordered a new LED strip light with 5 wires off of amazon and I will try to wire that up and see if I get different results. I read about using a voltage resistor but that was for a light with only 4 wires. Would work great with an M-unit blue but I don't think thats going to help here. I am guessing that the Mugello LED strip is just not working correctly. ??

Registered
That's the diagram I have, and worked for my icon. I think the mugello is missing an internal diode. If you connect a V meter -ve to the black and check each wire (not connected to the mugello) for 12v when active that will confirm the bike wires.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I did that and it looks like one of the wire has 12v constant. That should be the running light but that voltage is making the light too bright I think. Again, not an electrician haha

Maybe it needs a resistor to clamp the voltage so that only the brake light feeds 12volts. I have no idea what size I would need though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts