Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trawling the internet looking for a seat for my F T. I like both the Sargent and the Mustang but the Sargent is £100 more expensive here in the U.K. My only reservation about the Mustang seat is the height. Some say it's lower, others say it's the same as the stock seat. Rather bizarrely, Mustang don't give any info on the height. I'm 6' 1" so I don't really want to go any lower. Can anyone help? The title should have read Mustang seat height of course. I tried to edit it but it wouldn't let me edit the title!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am sure that the Mustang is lower in height than the oem on a Classic, but cannot measure them as I had my Classic seat modified by SaddleCraft, with a gel insert and 25 mm of, extra foam , so it is higher than standard.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies. Kjs, I had heard about them not being waterproof. Eshenbaugh, I have heard people saying the same about the Seat Concepts cover. Auriga, I think you're right so I am now considering a Mugello seat. It's a seat I really like but have been put off by the difficulty in ordering and the time it takes to arrive. I think I'm just going to have to chill out and accept that my new seat is going to take a while.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Compared to the original Classic seat my Mustang measures about 1cm lower. Lots more comfortable though. I got caught in a monsoon last week returning from it's 2nd service. I didn't notice the seat getting wet ,but my 'nads certainly did. I also like that the hump stops you sliding backwards especially good on fast roads/motorway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts