Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Mustang Tripper seat for the Ducati 1100?

I was looking for a lower seat option, and when I reached out to Mustang they said the seat lowers the height by 1.5" over the standard Scrambler 1100 seat height of 31.9". Can anyone confirm this?

Revzilla (and other places) have the seat for sale, but they don't mention a reduction in seat height.

Also, for those that owned the Scrambler 800, I think Mustang offered a similar seat and was wonder if that lower the seat height of the 800?

I know Ducati have an OEM seat that lowers the seat height by 20mm (about 0.75 inches), but was looking for something a little lower.

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bought one. I can't confirm exactly how much it reduces the spec, but it definitely gives a lower feel and a little further back, what I was looking for. As advertised, you do get more of an in the bike vs on top of the bike feel. No regrets.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one. I can't confirm exactly how much it reduces the spec, but it definitely gives a lower feel and a little further back, what I was looking for. As advertised, you do get more of an in the bike vs on top of the bike feel. No regrets.
Do you feel like it holds you in place pretty well? With the stock seat, I find myself sliding up against the tank. Any downsides to the swap?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I felt the same way. It does let you sit slightly further back and less prone to sliding forward. The storage underneath is alittle tighter and the rubber strap is just a loop vs having a clip on the end. But other than that, no real downsides for me. I was expecting that I would have to swap some hardware with the stock seat, but no. So you can exchange back and forth between the seats with ease which was an unexpected bonus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts