Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my brother and I both just got Icons. In a strange coincidence, last fall we both decided we were getting motorcycles this spring. I was getting a Monster, and I he wasn't sure yet. Then Jalopnik had an article on the Scrambler, and we both stumbled across it on our own, and both decided we were getting one. I called him that afternoon and said I had found my bike, and it wasn't a Monster. He started laughing and asked if I'd been on Jalopnik, because if I had we are probably getting the same bike. I got yellow, he got red. We are mustard and ketchup.

Today we went for a ride up to the property we both grew up on. My parents had to sell the house and the main homestead a few years ago, but we still own the back 40 acre woods that full of trails. It's likely going to get sold very soon, so we decided it would a great place to test out the abilities of our new Scramblers before it was off limits and in the hands of a new property owner.

The tires are actually pretty impressive, considering how much highway grip they have, they do pretty well off road. They aren't great, but did okay. These were not easy trails, as they haven't been groomed in years, and there are lots of trees down. We did lots of log hopping. Got hung up a few times and had to lift the bike over logs (a bash plate would have been handy). Overall, it was quite an adventure and we managed to find our way, and the bikes got us through. It was so much fun, and I'm just loving what this little bike is capable of and where you can go with it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So my brother and I both just got Icons. In a strange coincidence, last fall we both decided we were getting motorcycles this spring. I was getting a Monster, and I he wasn't sure yet. Then Jalopnik had an article on the Scrambler, and we both stumbled across it on our own, and both decided we were getting one. I called him that afternoon and said I had found my bike, and it wasn't a Monster. He started laughing and asked if I'd been on Jalopnik, because if I had we are probably getting the same bike. I got yellow, he got red. We are mustard and ketchup.

Today we went for a ride up to the property we both grew up on. My parents had to sell the house and the main homestead a few years ago, but we still own the back 40 acre woods that full of trails. It's likely going to get sold very soon, so we decided it would a great place to test out the abilities of our new Scramblers before it was off limits and in the hands of a new property owner.

The tires are actually pretty impressive, considering how much highway grip they have, they do pretty well off road. They aren't great, but did okay. These were not easy trails, as they haven't been groomed in years, and there are lots of trees down. We did lots of log hopping. Got hung up a few times and had to lift the bike over logs (a bash plate would have been handy). Overall, it was quite an adventure and we managed to find our way, and the bikes got us through. It was so much fun, and I'm just loving what this little bike is capable of and where you can go with it.

Great way to take advantage of the Scrambler. I enjoyed the photos. Thanks for posting your story.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Terrific pics AH, You're going to miss that land when its sold,;) thanks for the pictures, See you got the best colour :rolleyes:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Cool....My brother and I both will be getting one each...and we still have 180 acres back in Northern NJ...sold off all the buildings and another 120 aces...Trouble is I live in AZ and he is in NM...always sumptin'...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool....My brother and I both will be getting one each...and we still have 180 acres back in Northern NJ...sold off all the buildings and another 120 aces...Trouble is I live in AZ and he is in NM...always sumptin'...
I love my Scrambler, but over 2000 miles would be a LONG road trip on this bike. :culpability:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts