Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my bike in its usual position sat in the garage.

MRA screen from my Tiger

MachineArt handguards very expensive but excellent. Aluminium backbone which can be left in position in the summer and all the other bits removed for ventilation.

Hepworth Becker rear rack for my Givi box.

Scottoiler E system removed from my Tiger. Don’t like the reservoir position but won’t fit anywhere else

Remodelled seat by Tony Archer rider only but I also have a special seat for passengers.

14 tooth front sprocket JT jtf742 from Ducati Mondo.

Attachments

·
Registered
733 Posts
Screen looks OK - how does it do for noise and buffeting.... seems it mounts up OK..

You say usual position... how much do you ride it?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The screen is good probably one of the best for a naked bike.
It has only done about 160miles I am having lots of health and physical problems but won’t go into that. I get out when the urge takes me, at one time I used to go touring and did about 15000 a year.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I don't do quite that much... between Multi and Scrambler I did 10,000 miles in 16 months..

Down to just the scrambler now since loosing the multi 6 weeks ago... not sure if I will replace it early next year or wait another year.. when I expect they will bring out the V4 multi for early 2020 - but that's my guess / wishful thinking..

If I just keep the scrambler - then it will probably drop to around 5000 to 6000 miles a year... as I don't have to feel guilty about using both bikes... if you know what I mean..

Plus I have to say I am not enjoying riding as much as I was... riding a lot slower than previously.. I mean riding the scrambler slower too... and with less confidence... since being rear ended on the multi.. hopefully my confidence will return... and when the lighter days come.. hopefully my speed will pick up along with my confidence.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am the same as your final paragraph. Wobbling about all over the place. Used to be quite quick have done a few courses with ex police riders and IAM all well worth it, but have lost a lot of confidence. Hope it comes back.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that, but it needs a good hoovering and the wife refuses to do it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went out this afternoon and can report that the 14 tooth sprocket is a winner, it makes a good bike much better all over the place. No more having to change down too soon and easier to pull away. Don’t fight it just do it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Went out this afternoon and can report that the 14 tooth sprocket is a winner, it makes a good bike much better all over the place. No more having to change down too soon and easier to pull away. Don’t fight it just do it.
Is that bigger front or smaller back (please excuse my ignorance)? The reason I ask is that I have read somewhere that it is 'better' to go bigger on the front.
The bigger picture is that I am always searching for 7th at speed but am worried about losing acceleration.
Oh the perils of page three Pauline. :love1:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It’s smaller front gives more acceleration, but I haven’t done it for that I have done it to be able to pull gears better without changing down say to first at roundabouts.
If you are looking for 7th you need to go up a tooth on the front to make the gearing taller.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
It’s smaller front gives more acceleration, but I haven’t done it for that I have done it to be able to pull gears better without changing down say to first at roundabouts.
If you are looking for 7th you need to go up a tooth on the front to make the gearing taller.
Ah you have an 1100. Different situation to me i expect.

·
Registered
796 Posts
my bike in its usual position sat in the garage.

MRA screen from my Tiger

MachineArt handguards very expensive but excellent. Aluminium backbone which can be left in position in the summer and all the other bits removed for ventilation.

Hepworth Becker rear rack for my Givi box.

Scottoiler E system removed from my Tiger. Don’t like the reservoir position but won’t fit anywhere else

Remodelled seat by Tony Archer rider only but I also have a special seat for passengers.

14 tooth front sprocket JT jtf742 from Ducati Mondo.
Nice work on the seat. I also wonder about your special seat for passengers.
I see you got the same brake en clutch reservoir covers as I have mounted. I still can't believe how great those parts look. What kind of bolts did you use to mount them.
I understand the need for the practical stuff (screen, topbox and oiler)but am not a fan look wise. Still a great bike and good to hear the 14 teeth sprocket is working for you.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As you say the screen, box and oiler are all practicalities, not for looks.
The tops I fitted with the screws provided.
The seat as you can tell is rider only, the seat I ordered with the bike is off the “special” and I don’t particularly like it, but it’s always there if I want to take a pillion.

·
Registered
796 Posts
As you say the screen, box and oiler are all practicalities, not for looks.
The tops I fitted with the screws provided.
The seat as you can tell is rider only, the seat I ordered with the bike is off the “special” and I don’t particularly like it, but it’s always there if I want to take a pillion.
Ah so yours did come with screws. Mine didn't and that was the only critism I had on Aliexpress. Maybe they took notice.
The "special" seat looks kinda nice and sure is handy for taking a pillion.
I love the stock seat. It's the most comfortable seat I've ever had on any bike.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it’s the best seat you’ve had, have you not had many bikes, or have you got a particularly tough bum.

·
Registered
796 Posts
If it’s the best seat you’ve had, have you not had many bikes, or have you got a particularly tough bum.
Hahaha, I've head a couple in the past 25 years ranging from the BMW K100RS, Buell S1 White Lightning(this was the least comfortable), R1100S, R1200R, Aprilia Scarabeo 250ie (also very comfy), R100R, Scrambler 800 Icon and now the 1100.
But I'm a heavy guy so hard seats suit me better I guess allthough the stock 800 seat was a torture device, realy hurting the tailbone after long rides days in a row.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts