Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think the stock colors are a little too hipster to my taste. I prefer classic color schemes so I created my own versions as a guide to customize my scrambler in the future. I think with these color schemes, it looks as equally classic as the Triumph Bonneville.

What do you think?

1st version, "the Desert Storm". Inspired by Royal Enfield's Desert Storm. I modified the Icon and put a classic seat. I re-shaped the foam under the seat and made it flat like the Bonneville. The side panel with logo was blackened out. I put the high mud guard, front grill, blackened the handle bar and tail. The color is matte brown.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

2. "Into the Unknown". Inspired by David Beckham's T100 in Brazil, I removed the front mudguard, painted the tank matte black. The side panel was blackened. The seat's leather was changed to more reddish tone. I also installed classic saddle bags. Also installed a skid plate.

3. The same as above but with a brown tank.

4. "Black Out". This version, I modified the icon and installed the Full Throttle's handle bar and tail section. I blacked out the silver details on the side frame, its tank, front mudguard, and exhaust.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

5. "Black Magic". I like the classic version Ducati offer but I don't like the yellow tank much so I changed it into a glossy black. See how it turns out!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Fuel tank

It would be great if anyone would like to share pics of your own versions here too.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I love the 62 Yellow and that's why its coming to me. Suddenly my garage has 3 yellow bikes 1 orange and a white one and a popsi purple one in. I think any colour will look good. My monster 1100s had 3 tank/body colours white/silver and carbon fibre so I know I will find it hard but I fell for the whole yellow thing .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually like the white and would look good with a tricolor red and green running through the centre front to back.. Wouldn't be too keen on doing the side panels though. Maybe also a pastel blue
Italian flag is a great idea! :) Thanks for sharing your thought. I will try that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
8. "The Classic Cafe". Replaced the handle bar with a cafe style from the Thruxton, also changed the headlight. Still with the original Scrambler's gauge. Also a 2nd variation with a cafe seat cowl, and rear aluminum mudguard removed.

A different version with a cafe seat cowl. The seat made lower and slimmer.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice work putting the different flavors into pics!! Not sure how you did it but great idea !!
Can you make a special request?
Start with the enduro and get it ready for the woods
1 - Get rid of the license plate holder and move the plate up top like a short fender extension
2 - Add a 21" spoked front wheel
3 - Add a real skid plate
4 - Add some barkbusters (hand guards)
5 - take off the mirrors ( they will be replaced with a single small fold away version)
6 - remove the blinkers (they will be replaced with small micro sized LED's)

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice work putting the different flavors into pics!! Not sure how you did it but great idea !!
Can you make a special request?
Start with the enduro and get it ready for the woods
1 - Get rid of the license plate holder and move the plate up top like a short fender extension
2 - Add a 21" spoked front wheel
3 - Add a real skid plate
4 - Add some barkbusters (hand guards)
5 - take off the mirrors ( they will be replaced with a single small fold away version)
6 - remove the blinkers (they will be replaced with small micro sized LED's)

Thanks!!!
Thanks :) That's a lot of works so I will try that when I have free time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I prefer the white Italia version. Were I to get one I would try to get the red Icon and change it. You can go to a 19" front but the 21" would probably not clear. If you went 3.50x18 rear and 2.50x19 front you would have nearly every dual sport tire available to you. And you could go with some heavy duty spokes, nipples, rims (even tubeless rims) and be able to hit rocks without damage. The cast wheels would break. Put the skid plate on, the high rear fender and it would be a great back country roads bike. You could actually trail ride it then on less technically demanding trails. The scrambler as a "desert sled"? Fun!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Desert sled is exactly what I'm thinking of doing to mine

1 - 20 of 74 Posts