Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
May 2016:
Bought the bike new. Only mods at the time were Evotech crash and paddock bobbins. Shortly after at first service, removed evap cannister.

April 2017:
Anxious for Spring, got bored and did some retail therapy. Added: Termignoni Race Slip-on, Ohlin's DU505 rear shock, billet brake fluid reservoir cover, touring/off-road footpegs, instrument gauge covers and headlight trim. Removed US spec indicator spacers. Wrenched it all myself (except ECU upmap and side stand recall), learned a lot, mostly from this forum. Thanks guys!

Any feedback welcome. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bike looking good but hate the crash bungs. Had same ones and finally ditched them for Puig classic style ..... suit bike better.

Tony

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bike looking good but hate the crash bungs. Had same ones and finally ditched them for Puig classic style ..... suit bike better.

Tony
Thanks Tony, I'll check those out. I agree, the crash bungs are my least favourite part of the bike.

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi I have joined this forum actively today. Bike looks great. Like how you've gone with some of the billet accessories. Last few weeks I added bar end mirrors, quality mirror plugs (for the original holes) and some aftermarket levers to my Full Throttle. Really pleased with the result.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I have joined this forum actively today. Bike looks great. Like how you've gone with some of the billet accessories. Last few weeks I added bar end mirrors, quality mirror plugs (for the original holes) and some aftermarket levers to my Full Throttle. Really pleased with the result.
Looks great! Funny, my next mod was to be the mirrors and in fact, I have Rizoma reverse retros which should arrive this week. How do you find the visibility? I was a bit hesitant with this one, because the stock mirrors work well enough.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added Kriega US20:

Installed Rizoma bar ends and Reverse Retro mirrors:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
How easy are the Retros to fit. Looks simple but was wondering what's involved making enough room at the end of the bars?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How easy are the Retros to fit. Looks simple but was wondering what's involved making enough room at the end of the bars?
Very easy, but instead of making room on the bars, the mirrors are mounted on new non-tapered Rizoma bar ends (MA534). Actually, the toughest part was removing the stock ends without marring them up. (Tap in bolts after backing them out a bit was the right trick). If you want to mount directly on the bars, then yes, you would have to move the controls in, but then you may have to drill holes for the controls in the new position.
loving that helmet....
Thanks! Actually not as noisy as I expected (only using for < 100kph commuting so far), and the visor is great at blocking the sun.

Just tried some metal polish on the exhaust pipes today. Pretty happy with the results:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Very easy, but instead of making room on the bars, the mirrors are mounted on new non-tapered Rizoma bar ends (MA534). Actually, the toughest part was removing the stock ends without marring them up. (Tap in bolts after backing them out a bit was the right trick). If you want to mount directly on the bars, then yes, you would have to move the controls in, but then you may have to drill holes for the controls in the new position.SNIP...
Cheers for that! didn't think of that as a way of fitting. I may order some now. Oh, and take those shitty stickers off! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Really easy to fit retro bar end mirrors. I went for cheaper versions than the Rizomas, but similar to install I imagine. First you have to remove the end caps. Twist and then (gently) use a flat head screw driver to prise away from the bar. I used thin piece of material to avoid any scratches. Assemble the mirror. In my case there is a long rubber spacer with a nut on the end. I tightened the nut hand tight until it started to connect to the rubber. Then install into the bar end. I have read some people have had to shave with rubber spacer versions, but I didn't need to. Twist on the the bar. Then use an Allen key to tighten. In my case, turning the Allen key pulls the nut towards the rubber spacer and forces the rubber to fill the space and gripping the internal of the bar. Check the throttle control for free movement.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
To explain how I removed the stock plastic bar ends, without prying, it's easier to visualize with a picture of the removed stock bar end:

1. Back out the 5mm hex socket bolt about 4-5 turns (-->). Do NOT remove it completely. This will lengthen the distance between the conical nut on the left which currently is expanding the um, expander in the middle.

2. Push or gently whack the bolt (and consequently the nut) back into the handle bar (<--). This shall cause the expander to contract and release it's grip on the inside of the handle bars.

3. Bar end should come out easily.

Special Rizoma note: the bar ends and mirrors came with an assortment of bits. Basically, between the two kits, the bar end assembly I used was nearly identical in size to the stock bar end assembly, except it was all metal instead of rubber/plastic. (The mirrors come with everything except for the conical nuts which come with the bar ends)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Thanks! Actually not as noisy as I expected (only using for < 100kph commuting so far), and the visor is great at blocking the sun.

Just tried some metal polish on the exhaust pipes today. Pretty happy with the results:

BTW Doctor, which goggles/visor are you using? 100%?

thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BTW Doctor, which goggles/visor are you using? 100%?

thanks
Yep, 100% Barstow x Deus Ex Machina. They're actually a tad too big and the lower corners overlap the helmet padding a bit, so you don't get that perfect seal. I think they're cool though.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts