Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Very easy, but instead of making room on the bars, the mirrors are mounted on new non-tapered Rizoma bar ends (MA534). Actually, the toughest part was removing the stock ends without marring them up. (Tap in bolts after backing them out a bit was the right trick). If you want to mount directly on the bars, then yes, you would have to move the controls in, but then you may have to drill holes for the controls in the new position.SNIP...
Cheers for that! didn't think of that as a way of fitting. I may order some now. Oh, and take those shitty stickers off! ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
... So Doc, thread revive ...

For the Reverse Retros did you literally just order the bar end MA534 and obviously a mirror for each side or is there an 'in bar' adapter to buy too that the Rizoma bar end fits to, if you know what I mean. Nearly enough in the piggy bank see ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Doc (and others)...

A question (as I may be a bit of an incompetent spanner wielder);

I have the MA534 bar ends and I've used the metal 'expander', the cone-shaped nut and a couple of 'star' washers (all technical terms you know :) ), and I can't seem to get a rock solid fitment. I mean it's fairly sturdy but I can rotate it in the bars once the mirrors are fitted on. Am I missing something or is this just as it is. I will take a pic tomorrow but hopefully that's an enquiry that makes sense to you more accomplished tinkerers.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Sorry Deano, I just saw this now... I don't recall doing anything special beyond the obvious tightening. Were you able to figure it out?
No worries mate! I think I'm being a bit anal. They're pretty solidly fitted but if I try hard enough I can turn the mirrors on the barends. And if I try really hard (allen key in the barends) I can turn those too. I was, I guess expecting it to be rock solid but I can be a bit ham-fisted

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
hmm, ok. They seemed solid enough to me, but I never tried to see exactly how solid they were. Rode the whole season with them (about 14k km) - never had any issues. Once I had them properly positioned (and that was key considering how small they are) - I pretty much never had to touch them again. Sadly, my season is pretty much done as it's winter in Canada now... meanwhile, you must be getting some nice riding weather... cheers!
You'd think so wouldn't you! I did have a nice 4 hour jaunt up the coast this weekend but the past few weeks have been a little wet and I've become soluble so I can't go out in the rain any more :D

Thanks for all your help Doctor!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.