Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
What do you mean by flush ?
The gap top and bottom should be adjusted to equal, if you try to close the gap then it will snap.
Yes, that is what I meant, the gap at the top. And yes, I suspected if I tried to force it closer, it would break something. Originally, when the mount was right side up, there was no gap on the top, but I didn't recall if there was one on the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Nice! That's some serious low speed lean angle there.
Thanks!
Great photos. I just installed the Evotech sliders yesterday. Engine one was tricky
I actually dropped my bike a few weeks ago during one of the practice runs and the engine slider totally saved my bike. Just a tiny scuff on the slider and on the Termi tip. The only other thing hurt was my ego . Couldn't be happier with that.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
15k km and my rear brake pads were toast. Replacing them was easier than I thought, no need to remove the caliper.

Tools and stuff used:

A new and old brake pad. Won't tell you which is which.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
... So Doc, thread revive ...

For the Reverse Retros did you literally just order the bar end MA534 and obviously a mirror for each side or is there an 'in bar' adapter to buy too that the Rizoma bar end fits to, if you know what I mean. Nearly enough in the piggy bank see ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
... So Doc, thread revive ...

For the Reverse Retros did you literally just order the bar end MA534 and obviously a mirror for each side or is there an 'in bar' adapter to buy too that the Rizoma bar end fits to, if you know what I mean. Nearly enough in the piggy bank see ;)
hey Deano,

iirc, the in-bar adapters which secures the bar ends, oddly enough came with the mirrors, not the bar ends. They were metal. Nothing else to buy. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
another mod: Skene Lights, front amber, rear reds. increase visibility and They also mirror the signals and flash alert brakes (rear lights only) Decelerometer lights rear as well when slowing down without using brakes.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Doc (and others)...

A question (as I may be a bit of an incompetent spanner wielder);

I have the MA534 bar ends and I've used the metal 'expander', the cone-shaped nut and a couple of 'star' washers (all technical terms you know :) ), and I can't seem to get a rock solid fitment. I mean it's fairly sturdy but I can rotate it in the bars once the mirrors are fitted on. Am I missing something or is this just as it is. I will take a pic tomorrow but hopefully that's an enquiry that makes sense to you more accomplished tinkerers.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Doc (and others)...

A question (as I may be a bit of an incompetent spanner wielder);

I have the MA534 bar ends and I've used the metal 'expander', the cone-shaped nut and a couple of 'star' washers (all technical terms you know :) ), and I can't seem to get a rock solid fitment. I mean it's fairly sturdy but I can rotate it in the bars once the mirrors are fitted on. Am I missing something or is this just as it is. I will take a pic tomorrow but hopefully that's an enquiry that makes sense to you more accomplished tinkerers.
Sorry Deano, I just saw this now... I don't recall doing anything special beyond the obvious tightening. Were you able to figure it out?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Sorry Deano, I just saw this now... I don't recall doing anything special beyond the obvious tightening. Were you able to figure it out?
No worries mate! I think I'm being a bit anal. They're pretty solidly fitted but if I try hard enough I can turn the mirrors on the barends. And if I try really hard (allen key in the barends) I can turn those too. I was, I guess expecting it to be rock solid but I can be a bit ham-fisted

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
No worries mate! I think I'm being a bit anal. They're pretty solidly fitted but if I try hard enough I can turn the mirrors on the barends. And if I try really hard (allen key in the barends) I can turn those too. I was, I guess expecting it to be rock solid but I can be a bit ham-fisted
hmm, ok. They seemed solid enough to me, but I never tried to see exactly how solid they were. Rode the whole season with them (about 14k km) - never had any issues. Once I had them properly positioned (and that was key considering how small they are) - I pretty much never had to touch them again. Sadly, my season is pretty much done as it's winter in Canada now... meanwhile, you must be getting some nice riding weather... cheers!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.