Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, thought I would post this for those who are looking for a good and inexpensive fender eliminator kit. I bought a 2015 Icon and the previous owner had removed the stock license plate mount and made his own 'custom' mount for under the seat which was basically 2 angle brackets and 2 thin pieces of aluminum. He kept the stock light and license plate holder on but moved it up. The thing would bounce around and rattle when I was riding so it had to go. I was looking all over and slowing coming to accept the fate of needing to shell out 80-100 bucks for anything decent until I came across this one on Ebay for 36.99. I did some research and all the reviews were good so I thought it was worth the risk. Fast forward a couple weeks and it arrives. The thing is solid, close to 1/8th inch thick aluminum plate cut and bent into one solid mount. It is powder coated and looks great and includes stainless steel hardware to boot. Everything on this lined up perfect from the holes to mount it under the seat to the place to put the stock light back on the plate. I was hella impressed by the quality of everything. It only took a trip to the hardware store to pick up some new bolts to actually mount the plate and I was ready to go. Highly recommended! It looks great!
IMAG0385.jpg
IMAG0387.jpg
IMAG0386.jpg
IMAG0389.jpg
IMAG0388.jpg

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
I have one like that still new in box, incl bolts (30 bucks inc p&p within the lower 48 states if someone's interested)

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I have one like that still new in box, incl bolts (30 bucks inc p&p within the lower 48 states if someone's interested)
Is East Sussex in the UK one of your lower States 'dear Max'?
Seriously what's wrong with this one Max (I don't mean yours)? I've been holding off because most of them are so expensive but this could be for me.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Nothing wrong with it, it just didn't fit my Scrambler (mine has the blinkers attached to the same bracket as the license plate).

·
Registered
734 Posts
Max
if still available let me know, I will buy it for $30.00. I live in PR, zip code 00681 for USPS, NO need for 2-3 days delivery.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Hey all, thought I would post this for those who are looking for a good and inexpensive fender eliminator kit. I bought a 2015 Icon and the previous owner had removed the stock license plate mount and made his own 'custom' mount for under the seat which was basically 2 angle brackets and 2 thin pieces of aluminum. He kept the stock light and license plate holder on but moved it up. The thing would bounce around and rattle when I was riding so it had to go. I was looking all over and slowing coming to accept the fate of needing to shell out 80-100 bucks for anything decent until I came across this one on Ebay for 36.99. I did some research and all the reviews were good so I thought it was worth the risk. Fast forward a couple weeks and it arrives. The thing is solid, close to 1/8th inch thick aluminum plate cut and bent into one solid mount. It is powder coated and looks great and includes stainless steel hardware to boot. Everything on this lined up perfect from the holes to mount it under the seat to the place to put the stock light back on the plate. I was hella impressed by the quality of everything. It only took a trip to the hardware store to pick up some new bolts to actually mount the plate and I was ready to go. Highly recommended! It looks great! View attachment 30913 View attachment 30921 View attachment 30929 View attachment 30937 View attachment 30945
Thanks mrjoepete have just ordered one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,

I'm wondering what it would look like on a Full Throttle, which does not have the rear fender ...
Any pictures appreciated!

Axl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts