Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

My bike security

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  J-Wagon 
#1 · (Edited)
So many security devices to choose from - disc lock, locked garage, alarm, floor chain - but think I have the most effective ones :D

Dog Canidae Motorcycle Vehicle Dog breed

See less See more
#4 ·
You need to upgrade the security to Rottweiler - like mine - but also I would still invest in a 19mm link chain from Pragmatis or someone else reputable (not cheap ones off ebay - Chain needs to be £150) - combined with a Abloy 62 closed shackle padlock and a ground anchor.

Dogs can be distracted!

Chains can be cut - Oxy or Grinder - but both together are a good deterent.

But if thieves want it they will get it - previous bad experience.

Locked bikes, locked garage, alarm, steel security doors, garage defenders, hasp and staples on doors to frame with Squire CS45 padlocks, 13mm chains on bikes and ground anchors, abus padlocks on chains - middle of day - broke into garage through back door - crowbars, angle grinders and bolt croppers - then cut free all bikes inside - waited for wife to go out as cars wer tight to door - unbolted garage door from inside (took out frame from brickwork) stole 2 bikes - had another 2 lined up to go - but wife came back and they decided to go rather than challenge her (4 guys) dropping the door on my new CBR 600 - ended up loosing Yamaha 90 - New Christmas present - never ridden and XR400 - The quad and CBR 600 were left - but 1 more minute they would have been gone also.

Police took 2 hours to respond!

#6 ·
Blimey that was unfortunate! :eek: So looks like all of your security devices weren't that much of a deterrent. Anyone wanting to nick my bike would have to go through double gates, past the house, past the dogs and onto a yard. I do have a big chain and will get a ground anchor installed too, but my dogs tend to run free a lot of the time and have put off most of the pikeys who used to come round looking for 'scrap' or ask about tree felling. Suppose it's as good as I'm going to get!

My Australian Cattle dogs are as good as any Rottweiler - they make more noise for a start lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.