Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just bought the scrambler on Monday and I couldn't be more excited. I went to the dealership and got a 2017 icon in red. That being said, I'm a little bit nervous because I'm a beginner and I keep hearing people saying the icon is not a good bike for beginners. I thought about buying the sixty2 but it didn't speak to me the way the icon did (fell for it the moment I saw it), I simply didn't want to have buyers remorse so I bought the Icon.

Even though I had the money to buy the Icon in cash, I didn't want to be spending more money in older bikes then buying the Ducati. Did anyone here bought the icon as a beginner? It would be great if I can read other people's experiences.

here is my icon, im still waiting for the dealership to deliver it to me.

image1

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Congrats, Harry! If I'm not mistaken, there are several who bought the Scrambler as a first bike. What's your general location? Any way to put in some practice time in a big parking lot or deserted back road before hitting the highway?

Sarah

·
Registered
255 Posts
Scrambler is my first bike...
I've watched plenty of YouTube reviews of many riders saying how suitable the scrambler is for beginners.
It's light and not too powerful.
Your bike will already have a throttle tube which is less snatchy which used to be an issue... so you're good to go!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts